Visiting Professor in Environmental Engineering
Visiting Professor in Environmental
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Francis College of Engineering is searching for an
outstanding candidate for Visiting Professor in Environmental
Engineering. The position can start as early as Sept 1, 2021.
The college includes 130 faculty members, 30% of whom are women, and has over 3,000 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. The University is located in the historic industrial city of Lowell, Massachusetts and serves the multicultural population of the Commonwealth. The College has been nationally recognized for its commitment to diversity by the American Society for Engineering Education.
The successful applicant will have opportunities to collaborate
in teaching with faculty across our six departments. We value
excellence and innovation in curriculum design and courses that
promote experiential learning and professional skills for our
This position of Visiting Professor in Environmental Engineering (EE) offers opportunities to develop and teach courses that cross-cut theory and application in Environmental Engineering.
- Applicants must have earned a doctoral degree in Environmental Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Applicants of this position should be capable of teaching courses at the undergraduate level such as: capstone design, environmental engineering ethics and professional practice, air quality, fluid mechanics, fluid mechanics laboratory and environmental engineering laboratory.
- Candidates with experience in engineering education and design of effective and inclusive pedagogical approaches will be given strong consideration.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and relevant industrial experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by May 15, 2021 will be considered in the first review of candidates. However, later applications may be considered for these positions. The position will close after an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter.
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy.
- Diversity Statement (Should include efforts and vision on promoting diversity, inclusion, and women and minorities in engineering).
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
For more information and to apply, please
About University of Massachusetts Lowell:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as in curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive and nurturing environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to this goal and encourage candidates to apply and to identify their strengths in these areas.
UMass Lowell is a Carnegie Doctoral High Research (RU/H) university ranked in the top tier of US News' National Universities and is strategically located 30 miles northwest of Boston in the northeast Massachusetts high-tech region.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lowell
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lowell
- Geology & Earth Sciences Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lowell
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Lowell