Dean, Graduate Programs
Yorkville University seeks an innovative academic leader to serve as Dean, Graduate Programs (Business/Technology).
The successful candidate will manage Yorkville University’s proposed Master of Business Administration and Master of Information Technology Management, both having been submitted to British Columbia’s Minister of Advanced Education.
This position will initially be based remotely but ultimately the role will be required to be based out of Yorkville’s New Westminster campus.
The Dean is responsible for the quality of the student experience. The Dean will be responsible for recruiting, orienting and retaining credentialed, industry experienced faculty who are engaged in scholarly pursuits. The Dean, following the University’s policies will ensure that courses are current and that learning experiences are engaging and support students’ achievement of learning outcomes.
The Dean implements the University’s governance model and the on-going alignment of the program with the expectations of regulators, accreditors and the marketplace (students and employers.)
The Dean develops and maintains professional and academic connections to ensure programs meet the changing needs of businesses, locally, nationally and internationally.
If you are seeking an alternate career path in Canadian higher education and have a Ph.D. in Business and/or Information Technology, with experience in post-secondary leadership/management, we are interested in discussing how you might contribute to the Yorkville University business model.
The Dean provides leadership/management of graduate programs at Yorkville University’s British Columbia operations. The incumbent is responsible for program quality assurance, student and faculty experience and academic operations with a particular focus on program and course development and delivery and faculty recruitment, development, and performance.
The Dean is responsible for the on-going implementation of the University’s academic governance policies and practices as they relate to graduate programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chairs Curriculum Committees; facilitates curriculum planning and development; develops and implements strategies and practices to improve instruction, student retention and student satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains strong professional and academic connections, including national associations and provincial regulators.
- Leads in the preparation of periodic institutional and program reviews, both internal and those conducted by the Degree Quality Assurance Board (DQAB).
- Works collaboratively with the University’s Marketing department to ensure programs align with overall university strategy.
- Builds and nurtures internal and external partnerships and relationships that drive and improve success for the university and the graduate programs.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership practices that result in high quality and consistent organizational effectiveness.
- Leads and develops faculty and academic administrators
- Ensures effective program governance, management, and quality assurance according to Yorkville University policies and best practices; ensures that required governance structures are staffed and operational.
- Chairs Faculty Hiring committees; ensures that new faculty members are effectively oriented to University policies, program goals, course objectives and pedagogy as well as the LMS.
- Oversees faculty assignments and the annual faculty performance review process.
- Ensures all faculty files are complete (transcripts, resumes/CVs, copies of terminal degrees, and current letters of appointment showing approved courses).
- Leads efforts to align school/department’s activities with key existing external strategic partners, as well as identify additional key strategic partners moving forward.
- Provides oversight for management of escalated learner incidents.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives.
- Member of various Faculty and University academic and operational committees.
- Earned doctorate in Business and/or Information Technology or a closely related field.
- Track record in scholarship
- Academic and professional experience commensurate with a position as a leader and senior academic administrator (with both public and private university experience preferred).
- Practical experience within business or IT or as a consultant.
- Relevant experience in a post secondary education environment, including program development, program approval/accreditation, regulatory affairs, quality assurance practices, student and faculty policies.
- Previous teaching experience, preferably in a college or university setting at multiple levels (i.e., undergraduate and graduate).
- strong commitment to post-secondary professional education,
- understanding of and experience in online teaching and learning at the university level.
- record of academic and/or professional accomplishment.
- knowledgeable and experienced in the administration of university policies, procedures and regulatory affairs.
- ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in writing and orally.
- understanding of and commitment to collegial academic governance and management.
- motivating and engaging leader focused on developing a team of engaged, dedicated and committed faculty and staff.
- connected to professional and academic organizations, associations, businesses and initiatives to help define the business/IT industry in Canada as it relates to Yorkville University’s business/IT programming.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume to John Murray, Vice President, Human Resources at email@example.com
About Yorkville University
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville University and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. Yorkville University encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canada
- Deans Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canada
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canada
- Other Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canada