Senior Research Assistant
Our laboratory develops and performs cell therapy trials for patients with malignancies and virus-associated diseases. The successful candidate would have experience in a laboratory that develops and analyzes cellular immunotherapies. Will perform immunoassays on blood from patient on clinical trials and develop and optimize the production of cell therapy products. With minimal training, should be able to work independently.
- Conduct immunoassays on blood from patients or healthy donors.
- Culture virus specific T-cells, along with other cells and conducting assays, such as ELISpots, cytotoxicity assays, and flow cytometry along with the analysis of the data obtained from these assays.
- Attend group meeting, assisting with making buffers, restocking supplies in the lab, and helping to maintain the overall functioning of the lab.
- Work with a large and diverse group of individuals and to be a team player, i.e., be willing to assist others with their experiments and eventually be called upon to train new members in the lab.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Four years of relevant experience is required.
- Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science with 2-3 years of experience. Ideally, experience in cell culture work in an immunotherapy lab.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston