Research Coordinator II
The Department of Psychiatry is hiring a full-time position to help the primary investigators conduct research studies. This position works closely with PIs in data collection and assists in analysis of data including generating analysis results in proper written forms.
Under close supervision, conducts research activities according to research protocol. Research activities may include some or all of the following: Attends trainings, patient recruiting and screening, Patient interviews / Assessments, Cognitive testing, Biological sample collections. Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to provide needed information to principal investigators and other researchers. Updates records, and databases as needed. Orders lab supplies and/or other supplies as directed by senior research staff. Maintains regulatory binders. Attends research meetings.
This position is located in Ben Taub Hospital/NPC Bldg Houston, TX 77030.
Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Phlebotomy experience and certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston