Simulation Educator II
The role of the Simulation Educator II is to facilitate simulation-related experiences on behalf of the Baylor Clinical Simulation Center. The Simulation Educator provides clinical, educational, and technical expertise in the development, implementation, and evaluation of formative and summative assessment initiatives through the use of simulation methodologies. The Simulation Educator collaborates with others to facilitate curriculum development and program evaluation. During simulation sessions, this individual acts as the on-site department representative by supporting faculty, staff, and students with simulation needs (Standardized Patients (SP), simulation equipment, and medical supplies).
- Responsible for managing assigned SP exercises to ensure the successful administration of required student SP educational and assessment activities. The scope of this responsibility requires skillful execution of the following:
- Collaborates with faculty to develop pedagogically sound educational and assessment materials for use in undergraduate and graduate health professions SP exercises. This includes detailed SP scenarios, comprehensive student preparation booklets for educational exercises, valid and reliable assessment tools which measure student’s communication skills and medical knowledge, and updating existing educational and assessment materials based on current literature and current clinical practices;
- Designs and administers SP training sessions based on current training methodology to ensure SPs are trained in all aspects of case portrayal, accurate evaluation of students communication and clinical skills utilizing electronic technology, delivery of instructional verbal feedback to students, and documentation of procedures related to student performance;
- Assists in the process of hiring people to serve as SPs based on specified case criterion such as age, gender, and culture;
- Assesses and supervises the performance of SPs to assure quality and adherence to program regulations and case standards with regard to role portrayal, student assessment, and appropriateness of verbal feedback to students;
- Validates student scores on educational and assessment exercises by reviewing student performances and SPs evaluations. Provide faculty with failing student performance data.
- Facilitates the scheduling of educational exercises by collaborating with Foundational Science and Clinical Science scheduling coordinators to identify student availability, reserve clinical skills labs, create on-line student sign-up pages, and collect SP availability and confirm work schedules.
- Coordinates the on-site administration of educational SP exercises ensuring facilities, technology, and SPs are prepared, as well as introducing students to the exercise.
- Assists in the administration of high-stakes, multi-station Clinical Skills Exams (CSE’s). This includes managing all aspects related to training SPs for assigned cases, on-site coordination and supervision of SPs, and conducting real-time observation of SP portrayal and evaluation of student performance throughout exam administration to ensure standardization; Maintains and utilizes databases to manage SP information and confidential student records.
- Represents Baylor at professional conferences and present workshops which highlight current practices utilized in the Baylor SP Program with regard to SP educational and assessment practices and procedures.
- Assists the Clinical Skills Center Managers in the daily operation of program activities. This includes reviewing the daily and weekly calendar to ensure proper coverage of all activities and communicate areas of needed support to managers, facilitating a high level of communication among staff to ensure a cohesive team environment bringing questions, comments, concerns to managers.
- Represents Baylor at professional conferences and present workshops which highlight current practices utilized in the Baylor Clinical Simulation Center.
- May assist with administrative support duties which include: managing the Simulation Center calendar, answer and screen incoming calls, prepare documents, and order supplies.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Public Health, Allied Health/Health Sciences, Health Care Administration, Training and Development or related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree.
- Certification in Healthcare Simulation.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston