Simulation Technician II
Reporting directly to the Simulation Center Technology Manager and working closely with the Lab Coordinators, the role of the Technician is to assist and participate with the coordination, planning, development, and implementation of all Clinical Simulation Center teaching and assessment events. The Technician facilitates high-fidelity human patient simulated learning, manages lab equipment, media, computers, and materials related to simulation events; operates and troubleshoots simulation software. The Technician will represent the Center by supporting faculty, staff, and students with simulation needs (Standardized Patients (SP), simulation equipment, and medical supplies) and assist with the daily operation of the center and communicate needs and issues to Leadership.
- Serves as simulator operator by programming, testing, and running scenarios with instructors and facilitators.
- Assures facility and equipment are clean, organized, and set-up for teaching sessions. This involves sterilizing instruments, moving equipment, including simulators, and other materials than can weigh up to 100 pounds.
- Operates AV equipment, LCD projectors, monitors anesthesia machines and other equipment related to simulation education.
- Works with a variety of animal species and provide all aspects of preoperative support including anesthesia administration and monitoring of animal models for experiments and training labs.
- Assists with delivery of cadavers. Position specimens and complete set up of equipment and instruments as required by each session. Monitor session and assist lab users as needed.
- Conducts routine equipment maintenance and inventory updates.
- Identifies and communicates the need for supplies and replacement equipment to management.
- Interfaces with vendors regarding troubleshooting and system problems.
- Trains faculty, facilitators, and other staff in the different simulation technologies and the operational aspects of simulation as well as the operation of AV equipment and technologies.
- Establishes and maintains vital records and statistics as they pertain to simulation, including a detailed record of all education and training conducted by the Clinical Simulation Center, hierarchal storage of all digitally recorded simulations, and record of repair and maintenance of simulators.
- Supports collaborative research and certification projects for the Clinical Simulation Center as requested, including assisting faculty with abstracts, educational presentations, poster printing, conference workshops, and manuscripts for publication.
- Associate's degree in technology or health related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience..
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston