VUB Outreach Coordinator
Coordinate veterans outreach programs and services to assist VUB participants with recruitment, growth, enrollment, and admissions services. Review and maintain VUB participant records and generate reports for STRIPE VUB. Coordinate the development and/or preparation of informational materials relevant to VUB participants. Recruit and coordinate the recruitment of students for STRIPES VUB and/or projects to enroll in post-secondary education. Coordinate student related programs and events for veterans interested in attending college to include (but not limited to) open-houses, award ceremonies, career days, and student organizations. May assist in educational-related activities related to the enrollment and admission process.
This position is a grant funded position which can be renewed yearly for up to 5 years, but is not guaranteed. This grant ends this year on August 31, 2022.
Assists with veterans recruitment efforts. Meets with participants on a regular basis to track their academic progress. Counsels participants regarding academic endeavors. Acts as a resource person for academic information and decision-making strategies. Collects, organizes, and enters data. Monitors and tracks all participant records to ensure admissions, FAFSA completion, and enrollment. Meets with participants to advise and provide program retention services. Maintains VUB website and electronic documents. Converts manual records to a computerized based information system. Assists Project Director in planning and implementation of workshops and activities. Manages personal data in accordance with federal human protections certifications requirements. Develops and implements educational programs by following up on existing initiatives and identifying new outreach opportunities. Coordinates and implements various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for special events relating to under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts. Guides and oversees the work of staff and/or student employees when engaged in directly related support activities. Performs other related duties as assigned. Serves as the on-site supervisor in absence of Project Director.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Operational & Technical 40%
- Meet one-on-one with eligible first-generation, low-income veteran participants to assist with enrollment, admissions, and financial aid applications for post-secondary education.
- Understand student challenges, successes, and concerns related to career development.
- Manage the delivery of student focused workshops, presentations and staffing of information tables.
- Use technology and social media as a means to engage and inform current and potential STRIPES VUB participants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Connect with local organization/community veteran mentors to support VUB STRIPES participant programming.
- Conduct outreach to increase awareness of services addressing veteran needs.
- Assist with the development of veteran publications and creative marketing strategies to promote resources and services.
- Develop intentional relationships in the community/campus to create partnerships in order to discover ways to successfully guide veteran participants to reach their educational/career goals.
- Assist employers in connecting with veteran student organizations and arrange for veteran liaisons to speak with veterans regarding educational benefits and potential career topics.
- This position will supervise outreach specialist in order to meet program objectives involving participant recruitment and enrollment into post-secondary education.
- Set goals of performance requirements as coordinated between the Project Director and Coordinator to meet grant objectives and guidelines.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback for outreach specialist.
Requires a university degree in related field or 4+ years of equivalent work experience and in chosen field that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Qualifications/Experience Preferred :
U.S. Military Veteran or previous work related to serving veterans. One-year work experience in a TRIO program or two or more years as a participant in a TRIO program. Computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or other professional presentation software (e.g. Prezi). Must have strong understanding of the various forms of educational benefits for Veterans.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to use tact and diplomacy in working with students, alumni, faculty/staff and employers. Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and interact professionally with relevant segments of the University community. Project management skills.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond