Grant Program Coordinator
Positions allocated to the title of Coordinator – Grant Programs are responsible for coordinating and performing a wide range of programmatic, procurement, and reporting activities associated with administering a grant funded program. Positions coordinate the provision of services, perform program functions and oversee the provision of program support to clients/students as specified by the grant source. Grant funded programs include but are not limited to: Title V Grants such as Hispanic Service Institute (HIS) grant; Predominantly Black Institution (PBI) grant, and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) grant and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Performs related duties as required.
- Provides information to staff, faculty, and clients/students on a grant funded program’s objectives and intended outcomes, operating processes and procedures, and direct services provided to clients/students.
- Works directly with clients/ students to provide the range of services and assistance specified under a specific grant program, adhering to operating procedures and funding requirements.
- Implements programs designed to meet grant objectives and outcomes by establishing work processes and overseeing the day to day operations to ensure the effective administration of program services.
- Prepares and facilitates presentations and workshops for clients/students.
- Maintains records and creates databases using Excel and accesses data on PeopleSoft (i.e. CS9, Open Book) to track program enrollment, level of activity and engagement with clients/students.
- Prepares narrative reports to document program activities, services provided, program outcomes, and achievements in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Prepares and assists clients/students in preparing forms, applications, and other documents needed to enroll or obtain services under the grant funded program.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, places orders with vendors, and verifies delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and other goods acquired with program grant funds.
- Coordinates with Business Office to maintain account records of budgeted funds and to track and monitor expenditures and account balances.
- Plans and implements activities such as workshops, career fairs, and field trips for programs designed to engage students with an interest in pursuing career programs in a specific industry (i.e. healthcare, manufacturing, IT).
- Coordinating the provision of student support services and activities to students to meet program objectives and outcomes (i.e. workshops on soft skills development; career readiness skills).
- Works collaboratively with college administrators to plan, develop, and implement project initiatives and activities to accomplish grant funded program objectives.
- Prepares quarterly and annual progress reports and comply with other reporting requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Education, Public Policy, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of work experience in a responsible administrative or program administrator role, preferably for a non-for-profit or higher education institution.
- Strong collaborator who can work within a matrixed environment and team setting to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago