Nursing Lab Coordinator - Part Time
NURSING LAB COORDINATOR - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking Nursing Lab Coordinators - Part Time. A Nursing Lab Coordinator - Part Time is responsible for providing nursing skills demonstrations, monitoring student performance, creating lab schedules, and handling laboratory matters which arise.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Assists students in acquiring selected nursing skills by demonstrating the appropriate methods. Supervises and tutors students during practice performance in the laboratory.
- Creates a learning environment that will enhance students’ ability to use conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Works closely with departmental faculty to plan strategies that will increase the student(s) ability to meet clinical skill requirements.
- Maintains the laboratory, orders supplies, keeps inventory, and orders various anatomical training aids and multimedia supplies including computer software and videotapes.
- Provides medical equipment and supplies needed for demonstration of clinical procedures.
- Maintains records of student attendance and skill performance in a college laboratory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, current registered professional nursing license in the state of Illinois, supplemented by a minimum of two years experience in clinical nursing practices and previous teaching experience required. A CPR Instruction certification preferred.
- Proficiency in computer usage is required.
- Must possess supervisory skills, the ability to work effectively with a diverse student body and the ability to maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to interact effectively with students.
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant engagements in your cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!