Tutor Part Time - Biology
TUTOR PART TIME - BIOLOGY
Olive-Harvey College is seeking a Biology Tutor (PT) to join our team. Tutors assist tutees in developing and improving their competency in course work; and help students integrate and apply effective study skills, note-taking, test-taking strategies, and time management and organizational skills to their specific courses. Tutors work with students in various programs across the colleges, providing individual and small group tutoring in science. Tutors also work inside the classroom as embedded tutors. Academic Support is committed to helping students meet their academic and career goals.
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects .
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in biology.
- Proficient in subject area to be tutored.
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic support to students at the post-secondary instructional level is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a large urban community college environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of effective tutoring techniques and strategies in subject area.
- Knowledge of tutoring strategies used for improving student study skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Must be flexible in the availability of working hours.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in biology.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago