Executive Director - Center of Excellence
Harold Washington College (HWC) is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Through the Center of Excellence in Business, Harold Washington faculty and staff partner with industry leaders to ensure the curriculum reflects employer demand, to provide internships and give students the opportunity to interview and secure jobs in the field.
Reporting to the Vice President & Dean of Academic and Student Affairs, theExecutive Director - Center of Excellence in Business, manages the college’s Center of Excellence in Business (COEB), responsible for providing leadership to faculty and staff in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of business - focused college degrees and certificate programs, and non-credit continuing education courses.
TheExecutive Director – Center of Excellence in Businessrepresents the college in the planning and implementation of on and off campus education programs; works with key stakeholders on workforce education and training initiatives; and facilitates the expansion of COEB’s programs and partnerships with appropriate industries and community organizations.
We are seeking a creative individual who will lead and promote economic growth for the Loop area through the collaboration with the Mayor’s Office, College Administration, District Office, and local industry partners. Performs related duties as required.
- Provides leadership for planning developing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating business- focused academic and non-academic programs under the college’s designation as the Center of Excellence in business, entrepreneurship and professional services, and work with other CCC colleges Business programming to lead for the discipline .
- Establishes short and long-range goals and objectives for the center and participates in long- range planning efforts and program development.
- Coordinate Career Service and Work-Based Learning service to develop students’ essential workforce skills and academic knowledge, and prepare them for a successful transition to the workplace and/or advanced studies.
- Coordinate with Advising and Tutoring Centers, to provide CTE students seamless WBL support.
- Collaborates with local business partners to develop plans to attract and prepare high-quality labor force and foster local entrepreneurship.
- Enhances current course offerings; and developing new and innovative courses appropriate to the mission of Center of Excellence in Business and the district; provide training opportunities to support local workforce partners to continuously equip with new and updated skills.
- Maintains fiscal accountability for all program areas under COEB and monitors the budget. Oversees the development of proposals to seek federal, state and local funding for specific projects and initiatives that require support beyond the district’s capabilities.
- Works with college, district level administrators and industry partners to plan and execute the overall philosophy and goals of the Center of Excellence to provide lifelong learners cost-effective opportunities for learning new skills to advance careers and personal enrichment.
- Responds to current and emerging community needs, regional workplace, worker requirements and district initiatives.
- Builds and leverages networks and partnerships to advance the mission, vision, and goals of the college and COEB.
- Develops a strategic marketing campaign to increase enrollment; directs the publication of all COEB publicity materials.
- Oversees recruitment, hiring, evaluation, discipline and discharge of personnel within the center and related program. Plans for adequate staffing and ensures that an appropriate pool of human resources is available to meet program/customer needs.
- Represents the college at the District Office as it relates to the delivery of COEB services. Serves on various management committees and attends District-wide meetings as required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in fields related to Business.
- At least six years of administrative and supervisory experience in a successful business environment.
- Previous work experience in higher education related to continuing education, and/or workforce training highly desirable.
- Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission and leadership.
- Experience in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects.
- Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively with students, faculty, administrators, staff, business, industry, government and community representatives.
- Knowledge of city’s labor market employers in business focused industries and workforce needs.
- Demonstrated record of leadership, including long-range planning, budgeting, and personnel management.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and human relations skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago