Teaching Faculty - Division of Economics and Business
The Division of Economics and Business (EB) at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) invites applications for a full-time teaching faculty position to begin in August 2021.
The position is non-tenure-track open with a rank of Teaching Associate Professor or Teaching Professor. We are looking to hire a new faculty member whose primary expertise is in strategic management with additional expertise in marketing or international business preferred. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in strategic management, marketing, and international business via online and traditional modalities. The successful candidate will also manage our online business certificate programs. Further, the new faculty member will be expected to collaborate effectively in curriculum development, innovative pedagogy, and other departmental service. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are highly desirable. Candidates must exhibit the potential and desire to be involved in the improvement of our degree programs.
- MBA degree
- Successful record of 3 plus years of college-level teaching experience in strategic management, international business, marketing, or closely related areas.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Course development experience.
- Established record of service.
- Ph.D. in Strategic Management, Marketing, or closely related field
- Experience in managing online education programs
- Successful record of graduate-level online teaching in strategic management or closely-related field
About Mines & Golden, CO:
Mines is consistently https://www.mines.edu/about/rankings/" href="https://www.mines.edu/about/rankings/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">ranked among the top engineering colleges in the United States and ranks number one as the best public school in the state for best value colleges. Mines is located in the heart of Golden, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. The campus location offers a small-town ambiance with close proximity to all that the Denver metropolitan area has to offer with an abundance of cultural events, museums, theaters and sporting venues. An arid climate and an average 300 days of sunshine per year make the area an ideal place to live, work and play. We seek individuals who value a diverse and inclusive community – offering different perspectives, experiences, and cultures that enrich the educational and work experience. To learn more about Admissions visit, https://www.mines.edu/admissions/" href="https://www.mines.edu/admissions/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://www.mines.edu/admissions/
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Mines employees are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), generous paid holidays and leaves and discount programs. Additionally, Mines’ leadership and innovation brings proximity and access to several research centers, consortia, agencies, labs and bleeding edge technology. For more information, visit Mines benefits.
Mines is offering an academic year salary of Associate Professor: $90,000 - $110,000 and Professor: $96,000 - $117,000
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
How to Apply:
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veterans status) and upload a resume and cover letter (required). References will not be contacted until later in the selection process and you will be informed before that contact is made.
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2021 and continue until filled. The application must include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A teaching statement, including any experience with online education.
- A 1-page statement on Contributions to Diversity and Inclusion. Mines is committed to access, inclusion, and diversity and is actively developing a strategic plan to advance Diversity, Inclusion and Access (for more information visit https://www.mines.edu/about/diversity-and-inclusion/). The diversity and inclusion statement should describe your past experience and proposed activities to advance access, inclusion, and diversity at Mines.
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position with names and contact information for at least 3 references.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen
- Economics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen