NIST is encouraging applications for a Postdoctoral Associate to work with NIST researchers to develop on-chip electric-acoustic spectroscopy to characterize intermolecular interactions in solution. To do this, we will integrate high-frequency electronic devices with ultrasound acoustic devices and microfluidics.
Our approach leverages advanced on-wafer calibration and measurement techniques to accurately define the broadband impedance of custom-designed on-chip devices. Methods include design of on-wafer devices and packaging, fabrication, and testing at microwave and mm-wave electrical frequencies and ultrasound acoustic frequencies.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the RF Electronics Group under the RF Technology Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Design, fabricate, and package on-chip electric-acoustic spectrometers.
- Work as a team to develop models for linear and nonlinear response of on-chip devices.
- Quantify broadband electrical and acoustic properties of on-wafer and packaged devices.
- Develop modeling approaches to characterize on-chip electric-acoustic devices.
- Contribute publications, patents, and technical presentations to disseminate research results.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $66,000 - $75,500 and will be based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Brilliant. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or related field.
- Experience with microfabrication techniques and/or circuit design.
- Ability to program with, or learn to program with: Matlab, Lab View, Python.
- Publication record of technical research.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: microwave-frequency electromagnetics, material science, thermodynamics, acoustics.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: on-wafer microwave probing, microwave network analysis, microfluidics, statistical analysis, multi-physics modeling.
- Ability or willingness to learn mechanical design and fabrication (computer-aided design).
- Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with electrical measurement instrumentation such as impedance analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers.
- Experience developing and benchmarking new metrologies or characterization techniques.
- Experience with statistical analysis of measured data, such as uncertainty analysis.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one reference and we will request a letter of recommendation from them immediately upon application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Valencia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder