NIST is encouraging applications for a Postdoctoral Associate to work with NIST researchers to develop high-frequency electrical measurements to probe biological systems and characterize implantable diagnostic devices.
Our approach leverages microfluidics to enable on-chip fluid measurements, in order to exploit quantitative microwave-frequency calibration and measurement techniques. Our measurements can be applied to characterize the dynamics of biological systems including proteins and DNA in solution. Additionally, we are developing metrology for implantable electronic devices for neural stimulation and monitoring.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the RF Electronics Group under the RF Technology Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Design, fabricate, simulate, and evaluate microwave microfluidic devices.
- Measure broadband electrical properties of target molecules in solution.
- Work as a team to develop models for linear and nonlinear properties of fluids.
- Develop approaches for collaborative research in areas including supramolecular chemistry, DNA nanostructures, electrical implants, and electrical biosensors.
- Explore new applications of microwave microfluidics.
- Contribute publications, patents, and technical presentations to disseminate research results.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $66,000 - $75,500 and will be based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Accomplished. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to program with, or learn to program with: Matlab, Lab View, Python.
- Publication record of technical research.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with electrical measurement instrumentation such as impedance analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers.
- Experience with statistical analysis of measured data, such as uncertainty analysis.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: microwave-frequency electromagnetics, implantable electrical devices, bioelectronics, DNA nanosystems, electrochemistry.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is desirable: biological lab experience, wet chemistry, microwave network analysis, microfluidics, cleanroom fabrication, statistical analysis, multi-physics modeling.
- Ability or willingness to learn mechanical design and fabrication (computer-aided design).
- Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one reference and we will request a letter of recommendation from them immediately upon application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Valencia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder