HR Generalist I Employment (Part-time)
HR Generalist I Employment (Part-time)
2505 Kinship PKWY
Celina, Texas, 75009
We are searching for an experienced HR Generalist I Employment (Part-time) .
Serve as the part-time Human Resources point of contact at a designated campus(es) for employees and supervisors with questions and concerns regarding hiring processes, employee relations and other Human Resources functions. The part-time Employment HR Generalist I is accountable for administering and supporting policies, procedures and programs that will develop and sustain an inclusive, collaborative and high-performance culture. This position will report to an Employment HR Generalist II role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support faculty, administrative search committees and HR Generalists(s) throughout the search, hiring and on-boarding processes. Provide training to search committees on the process and related systems.
- Develop and maintain a pool of qualified candidates to meet the on-going staffing needs of the college. This may include hosting and attending hiring events, contacting community services and peer institutions, employment agencies and internet sites.
- Answer and resolve employment related inquiries and provide internal and external clients with complete and accurate information based on District policies and procedures.
- Provide insight and guidance as needed on various federal, state, local regulations and College District policies and procedures affecting hiring, retention, performance management/coaching and leadership, to ensure policies and procedures are applied fairly and consistently.
- Provide guidance and direction to supervisors and employees involving employee relations issues and concerns with the purpose of supporting business imperatives, enhancing performance, monitoring employee discipline and developing a high-performance culture. Assist supervisors and HR Generalist(s) with drafting coaching and disciplinary documentation. Log and track employee relations issues. Report employee relations issues to HR Generalist(s), HR Manager of Employee Relations and the HR Director of Employment and Professional Development.
- Assist in administering the performance appraisal process and following up with supervisors to ensure that all probationary and annual performance appraisals are conducted in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly board reporting documentation, requests for personnel (RFP) documents, and employment change requests.
- Prepare and process exit position change documentation and notify appropriate staff regarding employee resignations, terminations and changes.
- Assist in the development, streamlining, implementation and documentation of human resources processes and procedures. Review, analyze, summarize and compile reports and data from various HRIS systems. Assist with the development, troubleshooting, testing and end-user support and training for various HR systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related work experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
aPHR, PHR/SHRM certification preferred.
The following combinations of education and work experience may be substituted to meet the minimum requirements:
An associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of related human resources/recruiting work experience.
Seven (7) years of human resources/recruiting work experience may be substituted for the degree/experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of board policies, federal, state, and local employment laws and government compliance requirements
- Knowledge of HRIS/talent management systems
- Knowledge of state audit procedures and processes
- Knowledge of salary administration procedures and compensation structures
- Technical skills
- Computer skills
- Project management skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly develop trust, build relationships and gain respect at all levels of the organization, handling complex situations professionally and with diplomacy
- Ability to analyze situations and determine appropriate resolutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate and present material to a diverse audience
- Ability to formulate and implement solutions geared to improve processes
- Ability to summarize data into products that are usable and ready for distribution
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $25.04 - 25.04
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.