391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experienced Associate Registrar .
Provide daily operation and supervision in the Registrar’s Office working with students, faculty, staff and deans to resolve application, transcript, records and grade issues. Maintain records and daily reports necessary for the registration processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate and develop a culturally diverse staff. Manage daily operations of the Registrar’s Office, including hiring, training, evaluation, termination of employees as well as setting work schedules and distribution of workload.
- Responsible for functional and technical aspects of Banner components, including but not limited to registration, online grading, electronic transcripts, automated degree audits, optical scanning, and new software releases.
- Coordinate all aspects of registration including building of class schedule, setting priority dates for approved categories of students, and supervising the input, maintenance, and testing of the prerequisite checking, registration sequence, refund, and cancellation tables.
- Oversee and participate in reviewing and processing residency reclassification requests, add-after-census, course reinstatement, transcript evaluation, and other functions in accordance with District policies and procedures and State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Oversee certification of student enrollment for reporting purposes, including National Student Clearinghouse, state reporting, add-after-census, and National Junior College Athletic Association eligibility.
- Work with the Registrar to provide guidance and answers to staff and students about all aspects of the registration, class schedule, enrollment and degree verification, transcript, and exam processes.
- Conduct institutional processes for term grading, including assisting faculty with grade changes as well as posting grades to student records.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act; supervise document inventory, maintenance, and record retention. Ensure accuracy of records through audit and evaluation process.
- Participate as a member of the Registrar's staff in graduation preparation, exercises and diploma generation.
- Serve as liaison for administrative assistants and assistants to the Deans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, three (3) years of related experience and one (1) year supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of record retention policies
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding data privacy policies and procedures
- Knowledge of generally accepted American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) guidelines, federal, state and regulatory requirements; and academic policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with a student information system (Ellucian Banner preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and data analysis skills
- Conflict and resolution management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Data input and maintenance skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish goals
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with numerous departments including Institutional Research, Bursar’s office, Student and Enrollment Services personnel, and faculty
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. N/A Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney