Postdoctoral Fellow - Huntsville
Postdoctoral Fellow - Huntsville
Job Description Summary
This residency is located in Huntsville, AL.
Auburn University is seeking applicants for a new PGY -1 Community Pharmacy Residency position. This residency is located in Huntsville, AL and will be a partnership between the Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy and Star Pharmacies. The individual selected will have a unique opportunity to enhance and refine the practice skills necessary to become a cutting edge practitioner in community pharmacy as well as several other areas of pharmacy practice.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Providing pharmaceutical care services including, but not limited to Medication Therapy Management ( MTM ) services for pharmacotherapy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and health and wellness in Star Pharmacy sites
• Perform dispensing services for Star Pharmacy sites including specialty medications at their URAC accredited facility and compounding individualized prescriptions
• Completion of a residency project mutually determined by the resident and his/her residency director and/or coordinator and project presentation at the Southeastern Residency Conference
• Completion and submission of a primary manuscript
• Develop an extensive knowledge about healthcare delivery including pharmacoeconomics, population health, pharmacy benefit management, and community pharmacy operations
• Participate in School of Pharmacy committees
• Opportunities to partner with Auburn faculty to help develop lectures and provide instruction
The term of the residency is July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022. The resident will receive an adjunct faculty appointment within the Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Harrison School of Pharmacy and
have instructional duties as outlined above. Remuneration for the one-year residency will be $45,000. Applicants must have earned a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy and be eligible for Alabama licensure.
THE UNIVERSITY :
Auburn University is a land-grant institution with a multicultural student enrollment of nearly 30,000. The University provides instruction in approximately 70 academic departments and maintains graduate research and public service programs. The Mobile Campus of the Harrison School of Pharmacy is located in Mobile, Alabama at the University of South Alabama.
To assure full consideration, interested individuals should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, transcript of pharmacy education and three letters of recommendation from preceptors/practitioners who have knowledge of the applicant’s experience, ability, training, and character online at the following link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/21871. For any questions regarding the residency, please contact Greg Peden, PharmD at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-844-7525.
Review of applications will begin March 26, 2021 and continue until a suitable candidate is selected and recommended for appointment.
Auburn University is an EEO /Vet/Disability Employer
Applicants must have earned a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy and be eligible for Alabama licensure at the time employment begins.
Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. Candidates must have excellent written and interpersonal skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested individuals should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, transcript of pharmacy education
and three letters of recommendation from preceptors/ practitioners who have knowledge of applicant’s
experience, ability, training, and character at the following link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/21871
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Documentation