Director of Outreach & Academic Development Programs
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. Responsible to provides outreach and development of new educational pathways, summer, and special educational programs. Implement effective engagement and retention programs for students: First Time in College, Second Year Experience, and Honors Program. Establish and maintain relationships with local and state-wide organizations for enrollment support.
Provide leadership in outreach and manages academic development. Facilitate school visits; organize and conduct weekend seminars/workshops, including tutoring sessions. Works closely with the Dean; Colleges; and departments in planning and implementing the University's academic development module.
- Develop and implement programs to recruit for credentialing programs.
- Create communication materials, and by representing the university at offsite and onsite locations such as graduate school fairs, professional meetings, and workshops.
- Deliver operational discipline and delivery excellence, speed to market, resource optimization, and profitability management. Includes guiding simultaneous complex projects from inception through delivery and support, working in close partnership with the leadership team.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with Miami-Dade and Broward County Schools in order to facilitate program participant recruitment, identify and attract instructors, and coordinate support. Work to expand dual enrollment with local high schools.
- Implement effective educational enrichment programs and initiatives state-wide education, social, civic, cultural, and faith-based organizations to attract talented students to FMU.
- Ensure that semi-annual and annual reports are prepared and forward to grantors, and to local, state, and federal agencies as required.
- Develop and implement honor students and second-year experience program.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated creative solutions.
- Requires independent effort with limited direct supervision; uses original thinking to develop, recommend or initiate policies and procedures.
- Work requires the execution of specific procedures and operations that are generally non-routine. The work product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services offered by other departments.
- Uses independent judgment in planning sequence of major operations and in making decisions from complex alternatives. Analyzes data to solve complex, non-routine problems; interprets general policy and develops instructions for others.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Master's degree with three to five (3-5) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Ph.D. and higher education experience preferred.
- Candidate must have Academic Advising experience and Grant writing is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens