Small Business Advisor I
The Small Business Advisor I performs a variety of financial and business management advisement, technical assistance, and related educational services to new and existing small businesses.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides direct technical assistance to small business clients in the research and development of business plans, marketing plans, loan proposals and related business development requirements. Provides specialized small business advising in one or more SBDC functional areas.
- Advises clients in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques in compliance with all relevant business, accounting, and taxation laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops.
- Coordinates and/or participates in efforts to build relationships with area businesses to establish and develop contract training opportunities.
- Participates, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area.
- Monitors operational activities and effectiveness of results, and prepares reports as appropriate.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional full-time teaching experience in general business or small business development.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Experience in consulting and/or finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Creole.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of economic development, business ownership, management, and budgetary principles and practices.
- Knowledge of business and marketing plan development.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to gather data, maintain records, and prepare reports and other written materials.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to conduct market research and analysis.
- Ability to develop training presentations and programs.
- Ability to utilize data and information to make decisions and projections.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers