Associate Vice President, SEMSS Strategic Initiatives and Project Management
University Code 10514 University Title Associate Vice President 1 University Job Family Academic & Faculty Affairs ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search National Working Title Associate Vice President, SEMSS Strategic Initiatives and Project Management Position Number 584960 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group Executive & Senior Level Leadership Department Division of Strategic Enrollment Management Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Strategy, Enrollment Management and Student Success ( SEMSS ), the Associate Vice President for SEMSS Strategic Initiatives and Project Management serves as the division’s primary advocate for the effective use of enrollment research and evaluation and project and change management in support of VCU SEMSS strategic priorities. The AVP will lead the deployment of research, evaluation, assessment, project and change management principles and practices in a way that fosters the division’s capacity for innovation, collaboration, communication, continuous improvement planning and goal attainment.
The AVP builds strategic relationships and collaborates with leaders across the organization to ensure the effective implementation, assessment and continuous improvement of strategic priorities of Virginia Commonwealth University. Other areas of responsibility for this position include process evaluation and improvement of university services, assistance with division strategic planning and service as a key partner in institution-wide initiatives targeting student recruitment, enrollment, retention and graduation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
● Oversees the departments of: enrollment research and evaluation ( ERE ) and project management;
● Leads the design and implementation of project and change management practices and procedures throughout VCU SEMSS ;
● Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of project management plans;
● Works collaboratively with departments to identify opportunities for business improvements, launch the most appropriate projects and effectively assess implementation outcomes;
● Deploys change management strategies to strengthen cultural capacity for collaboration and communication in project implementation;
● Develops tracking mechanisms for improving project execution and performance monitoring/evaluation of projects across the system;
● Aligns project and change management practices with the annual budget development process;
● Supervises department, institution-wide and/or inner-institutional projects and the implementation of strategic initiatives partnering with key departmental leaders, project managers and cross functional teams to deliver high quality outcomes;
● Oversees the evaluation, assessment and review of technology solutions and assists with planning and implementation efforts;
● Monitors the progress toward strategic plan goals and objectives and advises SEMSS leadership as to the health of each initiative based on the project and process improvement portfolio data;
● Provide routine reports on the status of major projects to the Vice President and other institutional stakeholders (as required);
● Proactively support the mission, vision, and values of the institution and division; and
● Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Master’s degree;
● At least seven (7) years of progressive project management experience;
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal communication skills;
● Effective leadership and facilitation skills that energize multi-disciplined work teams to respond to business needs;
● Knowledge of project management phases, techniques, and tools;
● Works well with others;
● Works well under the pressure of deadlines;
● Knowledge of the general operational policies and procedures of a University;
● Broad knowledge and experience in workflow management;
● Experience working closely with senior level administration; and
● Knowledge of the vision, values and mission of the University and division.
Preferred Hiring Standards
● Doctoral degree complete or in progress;
● PMP certification;
● Higher education experience;. and
● Supervision experience.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience. Application Process/Additional Information
Preference will be given to applications received by April 25, 2021.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday 8-5 Job Open Date 03/26/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104493 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond