University Code 34125 University Title Associate Research Administrator 2 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Administrator Position Number 585710 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
As a member of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) fiscal team, the Research Administrator will be responsible for providing direct pre- and post-award management to support PM&R and Center for Rehabilitation Sciences and Engineering ( CERSE ). The Research Administrator will assist in the development and submission of proposals and in the compliant financial and administrative management of sponsored awards. This position provides an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with potential for career growth in the field of Research Administration for those presenting a willingness to learn and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Candidates must possess skills or the ability to acquire new skills in the following areas: analyze financial transactions for trends and variances; create reports, tracking tools, and professional documents; budget development; expense forecasting; financial reconciliation; ability to interpret and apply complex government regulations and contractual terms; pro-actively ask questions and seek guidance when needed.
• Must have excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills are essential, including the ability to adapt to frequent changes in work assignments, as well as to prioritize and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• Must be precise, thorough, and reliable and perform daily activities with minimal supervision.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers with an ability to learn new systems and software applications with ease.
• Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, management, or related field.
• Prior experience in research administration in the areas of proposal development, financial management, effort reporting, and project close-out, including a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards.
• Certification in Research Administrations such as a CRA designation.
• Prior experience in administrative and financial management in an academic setting (to include a working knowledge of state/university purchasing, travel, personnel administration policies, and procedures).
• General understanding of IRB and IACUC policies pertaining to regulatory requirements in animal and human research.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $55,000 Application Process/Additional Information
The Department of PM&R will be hiring two positions from this posting.
VCU strives to ensure a climate of mutual respect and trust where individuals of differing cultural backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences are embraced, engaged, and empowered to drive excellence and achieve success. Every member of the university community has a stake in and responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive excellence. Every member of the university community should know VCU is a place where they can come and achieve their goals, and that VCU is invested in their success, health, and well-being. During the interview process, please be prepared to discuss your understanding of diversity and how you promote equity and inclusion in the workforce.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 01/25/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102087 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your customer service experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience in managing multiple priorities and
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to
analyze financial data.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application