Student Records Specialist
Posting Number S01371 Position Title Student Records Specialist Internal Position Title Student Records Specialist Department Student Records Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Student Records Specialist, under the supervision of the Registrar, is responsible for the evaluation of external credit and course articulations, determining graduation eligibility, and assisting in the processing and maintenance of student records for the College.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Two years’ experience in higher education, preferably in student records, admissions, advising or curriculum management.
3. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS :
Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Proficient in Microsoft 365 programs. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy. Solid analytical and critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently, manage multiple workloads, and meet deadlines. Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
1. Familiarity with student records maintenance, transcript evaluation and graduation requirements preferred.
2. Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures related to student records, including FERPA regulations.
3. Previous experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Perceptive Content, and CollegeSourceTES preferred.
4. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Posting Date 03/29/2021 Closing Date 04/12/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $18.59/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Thursday 9:30am – 6:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Hours may vary based on the needs of the college.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations and Procedures: 45%
1) Evaluate external transcripts and records to establish course articulations and equivalent transfer credit. Ensure that transfer credit is quickly, accurately, and completely recorded on the official student record. Review course prerequisite verifications, determine eligibility to enroll, and process requests when appropriate.
2) Maintain equivalency data library of course articulations, credit recommendations, and supporting documentation. Create transfer models in accordance with criteria governed by College, State, and Federal policies and guidelines.
3) Analyze student progress toward program completion and identify outstanding requirements for graduation, transfer agreements, financial aid, and veterans’ benefits eligibility.
4) Process graduation petitions, evaluate student records, and determine completion eligibility. Confer degrees and certificates and ensure that diplomas and other graduation related documents are accurate. Assist with auto-award graduation processing.
5) Perform duties to ensure student records are current and accurate, including program plan updates, personal information changes, grade changes, and other records related processes. Verify requests are valid and meet College policy requirements.
Student and Customer Service: 45%
1) Provide information to students and staff regarding transfer evaluations, graduation eligibility and requirements, course prerequisites, and other inquiries related to student records.
2) Work with Deans, Academic Operations Managers, Department Chairs, and Program Coordinators regarding course substitutions, course prerequisite verifications, and other requests.
3) Provide Counselors, Advisors, and Academic Divisions with interpretation of college requirements applicable to specific programs, policies, and catalog years, and information pertaining to transfer credit and graduation.
1) Assist with student related activities for the annual College Commencement Ceremony, including communications to eligible students, ordering caps and gowns, and participating on Commencement day.
2) Maintain compliance with State, Federal, and College policies and guidelines. Uphold FERPA regulations.
3) Assist in data set-ups and changes, testing, and future technology implementations.
4) Participate in various College functions and committees.
5) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of two years’ experience in higher
education, preferably in student records, admissions, advising or
- * Do you have familiarity with student records maintenance,
transcript evaluation and graduation requirements?
- * Do you have previous experience using PeopleSoft Campus
Solutions, Perceptive Content, and CollegeSourceTES preferred?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake