IT Customer Support - Entry (Non-Permanent)
Columbia Basin College ("CBC" or the "College") seeks an IT Customer Support – Entry (Non-Permanent) to backfill various customer support and system administration tasks during the implementation of ctcLink project at CBC. The Information Services (IS) department supports the mission of the college by managing and maintaining systems critical to student success, including infrastructure and hardware (networking equipment, servers, computer workstations), software (desktop and web applications) and providing technical support to CBC students, faculty and staff. This position reports to the Assistant Director for IT Customer Success.
This position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by April 5, 2021 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Perform customer support for desktop and enterprise applications;
- Resolve support tickets related to various desktop and enterprise applications used at CBC; escalate tickets to higher IT staff if necessary;
- Work with end users to identify, troubleshoot and resolve software issues with applications such as Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, Zoom, Microsoft Forms and others;
- Perform basic system administration tasks; reset passwords and perform login troubleshooting in Active Directory, Office 365 and related systems, including the state HP system; troubleshoot login issues and escalates to higher IT staff if necessary;
- Assist with account creation, maintenance and administration; assist with account permissions and security roles; troubleshoot permission and license assignment issues;
- Perform HP system administration tasks; reset passwords for HP user accounts;
- Follow procedures to schedule, monitor and troubleshoot HP jobs; monitor ad-hoc systems, such as ByRequest and others;
- Perform helpdesk administration tasks; ensure appointments are kept; ensure established procedures are followed;
- Assign tickets to student employees; serve as second line escalation point for tickets not able to be resolved by front line student employees or technicians;
- Use judgement based on available resources, personnel and technical knowledge to deliver timely and accurate service to the campus faculty and staff; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in IT or related field from an institutionally accredited college or university;
- Two (2) years of IT helpdesk experience; and
- One (1) year of experience in a leadership position.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field from an institutionally accredited college or university;
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Office 365/Azure AD;
- Familiarity with CBC enterprise application software.
Skills & Abilities
Analytical Skills : Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures;
Problem Solving Skills : Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
Technical Skills : Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others;
Customer Service Skills : Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments;
Design Skills : Generate creative solutions; translate concepts and information; collect and research data; use feedback to modify designs; apply design principles; demonstrate attention to detail;
Interpersonal Skills : Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas and try new things;
Multi-Tasking : Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately in a fast-paced environment;
Flexibility : Ability to prioritize workflow, to be open to change in direction and work quickly and effectively with change and interruptions;
Teamwork : Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed; and
Leadership : Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well; effectively influence the actions and opinions of others; accept feedback from others; give appropriate recognition to others.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a full-time, overtime-eligible, classified staff position. This is a non-permanent position with employment up to 18 months. The typical work hours are Monday through Thursday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; however, must be available to work a flexible schedule when prior notice is given by the College. This position is available immediately.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
**Please note that selected interview candidates will be subject to supplemental testing that will measure skills and abilities related to this position (e.g., IT, Problem Solving, MS Office Simulation [Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word], Customer Service, etc.).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment, and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of Columbia Basin College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
OTHER JOB ELEMENTS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met and may be encountered by an incumbent when performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility, including traveling between buildings on campus. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 30 pounds on a regular basis such as papers, files, boxes, equipment, computers, etc., and rarely requires moving materials weighing over 30 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.
Work environment includes office, classroom, lab or other setting as appropriate. The noise level in the work area is typical of similar environments with personal interruptions and background noises.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA). Internal promotional, transfer and voluntary demotion applicants who have skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position will be considered prior to consideration of other applicants.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco