Administrative Secretary for Jabs School of Business
Job Title Administrative Secretary for Jabs School of Business Posting Number S899P Classification Title
Provides administrative and clerical support for the Jabs School of Business (JSoB) by performing the following duties. This is a 40 hour/12 month non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned
1. Screens incoming calls and correspondence; notifies appropriate staff or faculty.
2. Coordinates scheduling, catering, and general logistics for department events and meetings.
3. Prepares agendas, notes, and minutes for department meetings.
4. Receives and distributes incoming mail.
5. Assists with recruitment, supervision, training and evaluation of student workers.
6. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
7. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files as requested.
8. Assists JSoB Dean, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, and faculty with special projects.
9. Performs other duties that are specific to the JSoB as assigned.
10. Serves as main receptionist for faculty, students and visitors to the office.
11. Assists with managing department master calendar.
12. Assists with maintaining accurate inventory of office supplies, computer technology, and software.
13. Assists with coordinating department office moves and logistics.
14. Provides support for student groups and clubs.
15. Assists with processing various student-facing academic files.
16. Assists with researching and testing new technologies and processes for operational improvements.
17. Cross-trains with JSoB Administrative Assistant to provide redundancy in necessary areas of support for JSoB.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 03/26/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6421 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside