Asst Prof of OTA-Online
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Online (OTAOnline) program at St. Catherine University
invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor.This
is a rolling contract, online position where connections with
faculty, staff and students happen virtually.
The University of St. Catherine launched the first online Occupational Therapy Assistant program in the country and we continue to lead the field in innovation! Our online program launched in 2014 to address the rising need for professional OTAs throughout the nation. We reach students where they are and give them access to education toward a career that can change their lives. This position exists to educate and mentor students within theOTAprogram.
- Teach the equivalent of six course loads during the academic
- Develop effective instructional strategies to reach and engage
a student body that is diverse in terms of age, race, religion and
- Design and revise curriculum in theOTAOnline program
- Lead didactic adjuncts and lab instructors
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
people of all cultures and abilities.
- Monitor student performance through evaluations and
- Serve as faculty advisory and work in collaboration with
success coaches to support students
- Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity, inclusion, social justice, and dedication to a liberal arts based curriculum, faculty manifest these themes in their teaching, research, service and accomplishments.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, the University enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of OT clinical experience
- Current and unrestrictedOTA/OT
licensure in state of residence.
- Eligible for licensure in state of California
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level
- Experience teaching online courses
- Experience working with people who have physical disabilities, with serious and persistent mental health diagnoses, those how are aging and/or experience in pediatric care
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Careersto apply. The application requires a current
occupational therapy license and proof of currentNBCOTcertification. Three references and successful
completion of a background check will be required for employment.
Application deadline is April, 19, 2021. Review of applications
will begin on April 12th and will continue until the position is
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any degrees beyond high school,
what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Do you have a minimum of 5 years
clinical practice with demonstrated knowledge of current
occupational therapy practice?
- *Do you have a current, unencumbered
license as an OT or OTA in your state of residence?
- *Are you certified with the National
Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)?
- *How many years of full time teaching
experience do you have at the college or university level?
- None to some
- I have not taught full-time but have taught as an adjunct
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years or more
- *Please indicate whether you have
OT/OTA experience working within any of the areas of specialization
- Experience working with people who have physical disabilities
- Experience working with people who have serious and persistent mental health diagnoses
- Experience working with people who are aging
- Experience working in pediatric care
- Experience working in one or more of the specializations listed
- Experience working in areas of specialization not listed
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Reference Contact Information
- NBCOT Certificate
- OT License
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- AOTA Membership card
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Occupational Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul