Science Editor/Medical Writer
The science editor/medical writer is responsible for editing, proofing text, submitting to external scientific medical journals and editing grant proposals.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct the full range of activities required to work with
faculty to prepare and submit grant proposals to federal and
• Compile, write, and edit grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
• Compile, write, and edit grant proposals in accordance with each granting organization’s instructions and guidelines.
• Keep in contact with granting organizations during their review of a submitted grant application to supply additional supportive material as requested.
• Submit progress reports as required by a granting organization that has awarded funding.
• Maintain current records in electronic database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Manage multiple manuscripts at one time and track publication progress of all,
• Edit abstracts and posters for conference submission
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Scientific/medical editing and/or writing
experience necessary, especially biology
or pharmacology, life sciences.
• Science journal publications; either as
author or editor