Assistant Project Manager - (STA007080)
Supports Facilities Planning and Construction Principal and Project Managers in regards to minor project support that adheres to the goals, objectives and academic vision of the University. The Assistant Project Manager's services will be in compliance with all promulgated policies and the Published Project Delivery Guide of the University of Houston.
- Provides project management services for a wide range of building, structural and renovation projects, including but not limited to new construction, office, classroom and laboratory renovations as well as deferred maintenance and upgrades to satisfy code and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating project related contractors to ensure adherence to University approved plans and specifications for projects to ensure successful and timely completion for projects.
- Provides support to Project Managers in regards to onsite project management, coordination and project controls.
- Assists with construction billings, project cash flows, cost tracking, correspondences and project close-outs.
- Oversees the planning and installation of furniture, equipment and finishes in accordance with designated plans and budgets.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
(Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred.)
Note: Please attach 3 professional references with your submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.