Administrative Assistant, Media Group
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its Media Group. This team articulates, stewards, and amplifies RISD’s brand to drive engagement with and within the institution through public relations, creative marketing, and digital strategies and products. The Media Group drives marketing and communications strategies, campaigns, and initiatives in alignment with institutional priorities as articulated in RISD's Strategic Plan, and manages core communication channels.
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative functions to support the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMCO) and helps ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Media department. The person in this position serves as the department’s central point of contact, coordinator, and liaison and interacts with all levels of the RISD community as well as external parties concerning activities of the department. This position manages the CMCO’s dynamic calendar and tracks and reports on the department’s budget and completes projects relevant to department initiatives and priorities as assigned by the CMCO. The Administrative Assistnat also works with confidential information, acts as a trusted team member to the CMCO and the entire Media department. Successful candidates have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and intercultural competence in an educational environment.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial, and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the CMCO’s office and as a liaison between the CMCO and internal and external constituents. Screens incoming correspondence and telephone calls, assesses the nature and priority, responds or forwards to the appropriate individual; and receives visitors to the office and directs them in the appropriate manner. Represents the CMCO and Media Group in a professional manner at all times, ensuring needs and requests are handled promptly and appropriately. Builds strong relationships with key contacts across campus.
- Manages and organizes the CMCO's complex and demanding calendar, and helps this person stay on schedule throughout the day. Assures that all needed meetings are scheduled and that meeting requests are responded to appropriately. Proactively identifies and resolves schedule conflicts. Makes travel arrangements and helps the CMCO prepare for trips. Schedules complex meetings for team leaders at the CMCO’s request.
- Ensures the smooth functioning of daily office operations and helps the CMCO foster a positive team culture. Serves as a resource for team members, providing information and assistance regarding department policies, practices, and processes. Tasks include, but are not limited to: ordering office supplies; organizing team celebrations and gatherings including coordinating catering logistics; contacting Facilities for work orders; keeping printers and copiers running smoothly and arranging service calls when needed; submitting requests to ITS Helpdesk when needed; organizing and taking care of shared office spaces; and coordinating conference calls with remote participants.
- Monitors the Media Group’s budget and provides the CMCO and team leaders the information they need to ensure the team operates within its budget. Processes payments and invoices and manages credit card charges for team leaders, ensuring all charges are coded properly. Maintains record systems, including tracking all contracts between the Media Group and external partners. Prepares digestible monthly budget reports for CMCO’s review.
- As assigned by the CMCO, supports the Public Relations, Creative, and Digital Experience teams within RISD Media by completing project tasks including but not limited to assisting with media monitoring and maintaining the accuracy of digital content.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in marketing, communications, or a related field
- A genuine interest in and understanding of the field of marketing and communications strongly preferred
- Ability to perform complex administrative tasks including managing complex calendars, monitoring budgets, and making travel arrangements
- Able to multitask and nimbly manage a shifting workload, prioritizing work effectively and ensuring deadlines are met
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong solutions-oriented problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills demonstrating respect and inclusivity with the ability to positively represent the Media Group to internal and external constituents
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to proactively identify and resolve challenges
- Experience handling confidential information preferred
- Proficient working in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to work and communicate inclusively and effectively within a broadly diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
Valuable but not required skills:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite Workday HCM experience preferred
30 hours/week; 12 months/year
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Administrative Support Services
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Public Relations & Advertising Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence