Administrative Associate III, Montana Digital Academy
The Montana Digital Academy invites applications for an Administrative Associate III position . This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MTDA.
The job duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports program staff in all aspects of the operation of the Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) by completing appropriate University Human Resource Services and Business Services forms;
- Providing frontline customer support, answering phones; assisting with the student enrollment process; assisting with student and school district questions through our help desk
- Reconciling orders, organizing invoices for payment, producing reports and maintaining accurate files and records
- Submitting monthly leave information forms; tracking and submitting all travel documents and expense forms and scheduling car, airline, and hotel reservations
- Preparing and organizing schedules, meetings and special event organization
- Accurately taking and transcribing meeting minutes for Governing Board and other meetings; preparing presentation and meeting materials
- Assisting in coordinating the recruitment and hiring process; scanning and depositing of receipts, sorting and distributing mail
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the College and University and the roles performed by others in the unit and across campus; working knowledge of and ability to use University software systems (Banner, Grizmart, etc.) for data viewing and collection; and a working knowledge of FERPA regulations; and ability to develop proficient use of Google Workplace.
- A high degree of professionalism and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including diplomacy required to function effectively in a dynamic & interdependent team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a professional office setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office software applications, and specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, One-Note, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Google Workplace and Office 365 productivity suites.
- Ability to learn and use new technologies as needed.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information; skill to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work proactively and independently, but also collaborate with a team.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, set priorities, pay close attention to detail and successfully meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Ability to take and transcribe accurate meeting minutes.
- Ability to learn and use new technology and programs as needed; ability to manage productivity and communication with remote team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional office practice and procedures; business English, spelling, composition, and grammar, including the ability to write, edit, and layout documents in a variety of formats suitable for the intended audience.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machine, multi-line phone system.
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Knowledge of MTDA and UM policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of BANNER, GrizMart, Cyberbear, and Business Services travel procedures
- Ability to work with HRS and/or Business Services to coordinate teacher and course developer hiring and payment
- Ability to analyze complex information and discern trends for reporting purposes
About the Montana Digital Academy, UM , and Missoula
Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) is the statewide digital online school for the State of Montana. Created by the Montana legislature in 2009 in MCA 20-7-1201 which authorized its creation and located it at the University of Montana. MTDA is specifically designed to provide unique online educational opportunities to Montana students and schools. MTDA puts no limits on learning. Students can access their classes whenever and wherever they want, eliminating schedule conflicts, and expanding academic options, while helping many students to graduate on time.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Administrative Associate III
Position Number: New
Department: Montana Digital Academy
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Salary: $14.605/hr - Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular