Systematic Review Services Liaison Librarian
Category: Faculty - Science - Library and Information Science
School/College: UAB Libraries
Assignment Category: Full-Time
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Based at Lister Hill Library for the Health Sciences and reporting to the Head of Reference Services, the Systematic Review Services Liaison Librarian will coordinate the systematic review service, help researchers and students navigate systematic reviews from protocol to publication and conduct systematic review searches. In addition, the Systematic Review Services Liaison Librarian will work closely with designated departments at UAB to support research initiatives, further evidence-based practice in UAB health sciences research groups and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in support of activities leading to the creation of high-quality evidence syntheses and published research.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
- Evidence of participation in research teams as a peer, such as publication record, preferably including a systematic review.
- Experience in using citation management software such as EndNote, RefWorks, or Mendeley.
- Experience in developing collaborations and outreach to multiple user populations.
- Demonstrated experience developing search strategies for literature reviews./
- An American Library Association accredited master's degree is required, along with three years' experience in an academic, special or medical library and two years' experience with systematic reviews.
- Advance level searching competence with experience doing systematic reviews and/or meta-analysis.
- Familiarity with evidence-based practice and EBP resources.
- Familiarity with sources of standards and protocols for systematic reviews such as the Joanna Briggs Institute or Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews (PRISMA).
- Knowledge of systematic review software such as Rayyan QCRI, Covidence, RevMan or DistillerSR.
- Familiarity with FAIR principles for data management.
- Knowledge of the Open Science Framework.
- Experience using project management or collaboration software such as Slack, Trello, or Microsoft Teams.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Pre-employment Background Check
A pre-employment background check investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
About University of Alabama at Birmingham
To learn more about the University of Alabama at Birmingham click here.
Online App. Form: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/8746