Lecturer - School Psychology
Lecturer - School Psychology
Derner School of Psychology
Adelphi University invites applications for a Lecturer position in School Psychology, non-tenure track, three-year renewable position, beginning Fall 2021. The position will involve: 1) teaching in the School Psychology M.A. and PsyD. Programs, 2) student mentoring and advisement, and 3) service to the school and university as determined by the Dean of the School of Psychology.
Qualified candidates must possess a doctoral degree in Psychology, preferably in School Psychology, be certified or eligible for certification as a School Psychologist in New York, be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in New York, possess two or more years of teaching experience within a graduate school psychology program, and possess a record of scholarship in their area of specialization. Identification as a school psychologist and practical experience in the field are highly valued. Adelphi is committed to hiring a diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and underrepresented groups.
- Candidates will be expected to teach eight courses a year at the graduate level, including biological psychology, cognitive and affective bases of behavior, psychological and neuropsychological testing, and a course in their area of expertise.
- Advising and mentoring of students
- Service to the school and university as determined by the Dean
- Earned doctorate in School Psychology or a related field by the date of hire.
- A strong background in school psychology, assessment, neuropsychology and/or biological psychology.
- Experience in interacting and working with diverse populations and students of color.
- Teaching experience in the following areas: biological, cognitive and affective bases of behavior, psychological and neuropsychological testing will be highly desirable.
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching interests, selected reprints/preprints if available, teaching evaluation forms, and three letters of recommendations. Please have letters of recommendation sent to email@example.com.
- Review of applications will begin immediately.
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only. Please apply via "Position Openings" at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
ABOUT THE GORDON F. DERNER SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY:
The Gordon F Derner School of Psychology is committed to have a diverse and inclusive faculty and thus especially invites applications from women, minorities, and historically disadvantaged groups. For further information about the Derner School of Psychology which includes an APA approved PhD in Clinical Psychology, a School Psychology PsyD, and MA programs in General Psychology, School psychology, and Mental Health counseling, and post-graduate programs as well as one of the largest undergraduate majors at Adelphi, please click here: https://derner.adelphi.edu.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2512