Coordinator of Field Department Operations
Coordinator of Field Department Operations
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons School of Social Work (SSW), within the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice, offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, DSW, PhD). The MSW degree is offered through both our traditional on ground program and via our innovative online platform, SocialWork@Simmons (SW@S). Field Education is the signature pedagogy of the MSW degree. The Field Department faculty and staff oversee both placement and Field Education for all MSW students throughout the year.
Simmons University is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, knowledgeable, and dependable Coordinator to join the Field Department. The Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations. The Coordinator's key role is to ensure a rich and seamless Field experience for all MSW students during their time at Simmons. Core responsibilities include independently coordinating administrative operations in complex and fast-paced department serving multiple constituencies including students (approximately 350), full time faculty, adjunct faculty and field agencies (approximately 700). Managing projects, facilitating confidential communication, and initiating problem-solving activities, the Coordinator will take the lead in establishing and maintaining efficient systems for data management. The Coordinator will also provide oversight and training for student workers assigned to field department.
Database and Record Maintenance
- Manage information within the department's online databases
(Salesforce, IPT, and Tevera), about student internships, field
education, and the School of Social Work policies and procedures
for field faculty, students and internship agency administrators
and clinical instructors;
- Successfully maintain field evaluations within IPT and Tevera
to ensure accurate reporting for accreditation;
- Think critically to initiate problem-solving strategies to
increase efficiencies for the department's various information
- Implement solutions and train field faculty on new
- Maintain expert knowledge of on ground placement process to
successfully act as the liaison to online platform for purpose of
managing complex interplay between the field platforms and
information management systems;
- Coordinate affiliation agreement process with Field Director
and Assistant Directors to ensure agreements are
- Provide administrative support for site specific agreements and
work with Field Director, General Counsel and Departments across
the University to review and execute agreements;
- Facilitate the management of confidential communication between
faculty and/or students, the Field Director, and the
- Collaborate with the Dean's Office to develop fall and spring
semester appointment letters;
- Coordinate field registration for students enrolled in SW-446,
SW-447 and SW-596 with MSW Program Manager;
- Provide ownership for alumni verification of field
- Independently manage the Year II placement process;
- Independently manage the Year I placement process for incoming
first year and extended students;
- Collaborate with Admissions to help track and retain incoming
- Assist Field Faculty in securing appropriate and personalized
internships for students by: soliciting placements, managing
student and agency information in Salesforce, IPT, and Tevera
databases; and managing communication between students, faculty and
outside agencies; managing placement information related to
available openings and program descriptions in
- Facilitate the gathering and uploading of forms, including
identity verification, for students initiating background checks
- Manage appointment-booking system for all field placement
- Assist the Field Director in all field responsibilities
including planning and facilitating events and seminars throughout
the year for students, liaisons and supervisors; create procedures
for gathering, measuring and evaluating information (including
analysis of student and faculty evaluations);
- Independently coordinate logistics for Field Orientation for
upwards of 160 attendees;
- Provide support for the Seminar in Field Instruction courses
(including setting up course reserves, managing enrollment and
- Provide support for papers, grants and other
- Attend and take meeting minutes for monthly Field Department
- Keep Field Department pages of the SSW intranet
- Oversee department email account and triage messages as
- Provide oversight for student workers, including identifying
tasks and providing appropriate supervision;
- Train student workers on department databases and provide
appropriate supervision to ensure quality;
- Assist and support with other projects and tasks as
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 1-3 years of related professional experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, e.g. Lookup formulas, pivot
- Familiarity with online virtual platforms (Google Meet, Zoom,
- Database experience desired.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational
- Comfort with data management and learning new technology
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with others on
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of
- Prior experience in higher education a plus.
This position is 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Coordinator-of-Field-Department-Operations_R07468-1
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.