Marian University is seeking to immediately hire an autism specialist to oversee and provide leadership for Marian University’s autism program, launching in the fall of 2021. The autism specialist is a vital team member within the Personalized Learning Center. This position will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing individualized support, implement personalized programming, and connect students with autism to both on-campus and community resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Serves as the leader and main point of contact for Marian University’s autism program and is responsible for the development, facilitation, implementation, and assessment of the program.
- Develops and delivers an individualized experience and curriculum for students participating in the autism program.
- Assists the Offices of Enrollment Management and Marketing and Communication with the recruitment of students to the autism program.
- Collaborates with other offices and departments in the delivery of services to students participating in the autism program.
- Coordinates strategies and identifies solutions to challenges and barriers encountered by students participating in the autism program.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises students who serve as peer mentors within the autism program.
- Maintains all necessary records and documentation.
- Provides personalized success coaching for students in the autism program to help foster academic success, self-determination, and help students persist to graduation.
- Interprets and implements university policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Organizes creative social experiences and related programming for students participating in the autism program.
- Assists with writing grants to support the Personalized Learning Center and autism program when opportunities are presented.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- To be qualified for this position the candidate must have a master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, disability studies, counseling or an equivalent field of study.
- Must have a working knowledge of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and other appropriate laws.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Passionate about working with and serving students with disabilities.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Disabled Student Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis