Director of the Personalized Learning Center
Marian University is seeking to immediately hire a director of the Personalized Learning Center, which will be launching in the fall of 2021. This position and The Personalized Learning Center will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing an innovative educational experience for students with disabilities. The person in the director role must be able to implement plans and achieve defined goals of the Personalized Learning Center while providing vision and leadership. The director must be have excellent communication and organization skills. Experience leading a team of professional staff and experience serving students with disabilities is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Provides leadership and supervision in the administration, organization and development of academic support services for students with disabilities.
- Sets strategic priorities and direction while managing the daily operations of the Personalized Learning Center.
- Provides oversight for the assessment and effectiveness of programs and services offered through the Personalized Learning Center.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, students, and campus partners.
- Responsible for developing effective and efficient policies and procedures for students seeking disability services.
- Assists the Office of Enrollment Management and the Office of Marketing and Communication in the planning of outreach and recruitment events.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive reports, records and files regarding personnel, programs, operations, and activities.
- Facilitates the acquisition of equipment, technology and other academic needs for students with disabilities.
- Provides academic coaching to students on matters pertaining to academics, employment, accommodations, and services to further student success.
- Coordinates strategies and identifies solutions to challenges and barriers encountered by students with disabilities.
- Interprets and implements university policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Assists with writing grants to support the Personalized Learning Center and autism program when opportunities are presented.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- To be qualified for this position the candidate must have a master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, disability studies, counseling or an equivalent field of study.
- Preference given to candidates who have experience in the administration of a program for students with disabilities in an institution of higher education.
- Experience leading a team of professional staff and experience serving students with disabilities.
- Must have a working knowledge of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Amendments Act of 2008, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and other appropriate laws.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Disabled Student Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis