While serving as the primary contact for the ECAP program, will cultivate and establish relationships with students, parents and school officials; process ECAP applications ensuring students meet program requirements; register ECAP students for appropriate course work; audit, monitor, and evaluate individual student academic progress; process course withdrawals with the guidance of the registrar's office; organize ECAP orientation at the beginning of each semester.
Assist with implementation and support of enrollment.
Prepare, draft, edit and proofread reports, correspondence, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, and remarks for the Vice President.
Coordinate and support the updating of related web pages within the division and ensure that all relevant information is disseminated systematically and appropriately within the University.
Assist with staffing and planning of division-related, on- and off-campus events as warranted.
Maintain the Vice President's calendar including the coordination of meetings, travel schedules, conference attendance, and special events. Arranges travel, hotel accommodations, and transportation as necessary. Prepares travel request and reimbursement documentation according to university policy and regulations.
Complete purchase orders, requests for payments, maintenance requests and other administrative forms for the VPEM.
Assist as needed with processing of incoming and outgoing correspondence and other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
• At least three years' experience in higher education preferred.
• Experience with formal protocol and office etiquette in a fast-paced environment desired.
• Ability to learn and follow policies and procedures and ability to apply and explain them in detail.
• Excellent planning, organizational research, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to manage administrative office functions in a timely manner while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems preferred.
• Flexibility, project management, planning, and excellent verbal and written communication skills needed. Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures is preferred.
• Strong customer service and effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies of students, faculty, staff, parents, and the general public.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and strategically in a team but also independently and with limited supervision when appropriate and meet agreed upon deadlines.
• Ability to anticipate and remain alert to potentially problematic situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion. Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, integrity, and tact