DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as the eSports program becomes more fully integrated into University initiatives.
• Provide organization, management and supervision of eSports
team(s), consideration for varsity and club level
• Responsible for developing and enforcing eSports program and arena policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain professional membership with national & regional organizations such as NACE and NASEF.
• Ensure team and program compliance with all league, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
• Demonstrate teaching and coaching competencies with regards to skill instruction & tactical strategies
• Monitor academic progress and compliance of student-athletes.
• Monitor the conduct of the student-athletes; develop written team expectation.
• Supervise support staff, including coaches, student employees, interns and/or graduate assistants.
• Coordinate with IT for the purchasing and maintaining program equipment.
• Serve as the chair of the eSports gaming advisory board.
• Develop opportunities and oversight for camps, tournaments, and campus/community events and partnerships.
• Coordinate practices and competition schedules.
• Manage team travel requirements when necessary.
• Manage operational and capital budgets for eSports activities.
• Responsible for recruiting and retaining students for the eSports program in collaboration with other departments such as Admissions, Student Life, Athletics, NESCom and the College of Business.
• Pursue sponsorship and scholarship opportunities.
• Ensure participant conduct and program reputation aligns with the University's mission and vision.
• Assist with special projects and committees as assigned.
• Uphold compliance and behavioral expectations associated with but not limited to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, Title IX, and the Clery Act, as well as the University's Student Code of Conduct, Academic Integrity, Title IX, and non-discrimination policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in related field required, Master's Degree preferred.
• Experience coaching or playing in eSports program at the high school or collegiate level is required.
• Experience with multiplayer online video games with team-based elements required.
• Recruitment experience preferred.
• Event management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Strong ability and capacity to integrate advancing and developing technologies into the University's collegiate level, eSport program.
• Ability to work effectively with coworkers, students and the general public.
• Self-motivated with the ability to resolve issues independently.
• Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators, and professional colleagues.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Valid driver's license.