Vice President of Finance and Administration
Founded in 1968 to meet the post-secondary and continuing education needs of Cecil County residents, Cecil College has been serving the community and shaping its future for nearly 50 years. The College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor. The College’s fifth president, Dr. Mary Way Bolt, reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
Cecil College is centrally located in Maryland’s most northeastern county, just one half mile from Interstate 95. It is easily accessible from Philadelphia and Baltimore, as well as from Wilmington, Delaware.
With a diverse student population, Cecil College enrolls approximately 2,500 credit students and 3,400 non-credit students. Cecil offers associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit classes. Cecil offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs.
Through its open admissions policy, Cecil College provides learning opportunities for all who have the desire and ability to benefit from its courses and programs, regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socioeconomic status.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Finance and Administration will be responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of the finance, facilities and capital programs, and public safety operations of the college. Directly supervises the Controller, Director of Facilities and Capital Programs, the Director of Public Safety, Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Administration and Finance and bookstore operations. Given the need of interaction with employees, student and college community, this position requires in-person presence.
The Vice President of Finance will advise the President on all fiscal, budgetary, and business matters, and provide oversight and leadership in the development of the annual legislative operating and capital budgets. Leads and oversees the direction and management of facilities, public safety and finance. Specific duties include:
1. Serves as a member of the President’s staff and on other college and community committees as requested by the President.
2. Ensure that appropriate administrative and financial services are provided college wide to allow faculty and staff to fully serve students and fulfill the college mission.
3. Recommend and implement policies and operations for functions and services essential to supporting the College’s operating and capital budgets in coordination with the President.
4. Assure protection for the assets of the institution through internal control, internal audits, and ensures proper insurance coverage.
5. Oversee and manage audit functions ensuring compliance with state guidelines
6. Keep the President and Board of Trustees informed of the institution’s financial performance and provide advice on all financial matters.
7. Lead the annual budget development process, ensuring the institution has invoked governance in the development of funding priorities.
8. Establish and maintain strong internal control policies and procedures for fiscal affairs.
9. Provide a leadership role in assessing risk management in matters pertaining to administrative, building operations, and business services.
10. Consistently lead and manage the achievement of current and long-term institutional plans for administrative services and fiscal affairs.
11. Coordinate the development, maintenance, and management of the facilities of the College, including participation in the capital budget development process.
12. Coordinate the procurement activities of the College to ensure compliance with budget and financial controls.
13. Collaborate with internal divisions and constituencies to prepare and maintain all correspondence, reports and studies relevant to fiscal affairs.
14. Oversee the implementation of the College’s Master Plan.
15. Implement divisional plans and evaluate business units for continuous improvement and maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
16. Forecast capital requirements.
17. Oversee College Bookstore.
18. Oversee additional ancillary services as needed.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in business administration, accounting or related field is required. CPA certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in increasingly responsible positions in financial systems and operations, including successful fiscal, administrative leadership, and managerial experience. Experience working in education required with a preference given to individuals that have higher education experience. Preference for experience with strategic and long-term planning.
Proficiencies: Excellent Microsoft Office Software skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Specific knowledge and experience in budget development, purchasing, accounting, accounts payable and receivable, investment of funds, state and federal funds, grants, cost studies, travel, revenues, expenditures, financial statements, insurance, auditing and related operational functions of the institution Preferred knowledge of risk management practices related to fiscal and administrative functions. Familiarity with audit functions.
Skills/Training: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Able to multi-task, work independently, has attention to detail, able to think critically, and the ability to analyze data and able to adapt to changing priorities. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Physical Demands: Work is sedentary. May be some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items.
For best consideration, please apply by April 12, 2021.*We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. Cecil College will not discriminate against any individual by reason of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic status, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in North East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in North East
- Financial Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in North East
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in North East