Biology Instructor/Assistant Professor
Biology Instructor/Assistant Professor
Blue Bell/Pottstown, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Biology Instructor/Assistant Professor position. Faculty teach assigned courses in a manner that facilitates student learning and mastery of course material. Faculty also participate in course and curriculum development, program and course assessment, student advisement, college service and professional development.
*This position requires the PA Child Abuse, PA State Police, and FBI Fingerprinting clearances to be submitted to Human Resources prior to the first day of employment.
*This position will have college-wide teaching responsibilities that include being assigned to instruct at our Blue Bell, Pottstown, Lansdale, virtual campus and/or offsite locations. The primary office location is the Blue Bell campus.
- Master’s degree, or its equivalent, in Biology or a related field from an accredited institution required. Doctorate or terminal professional degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates of all abilities. Community College teaching experience preferred.
- Exhibited evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of innovative instructional techniques and technologies and use of course management systems
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of a variety of teaching activities to address diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrated commitment to the incorporation of information literacy resources, technology, research, writing and culturally diverse perspectives into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to continual assessment of the teaching-learning process.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with diverse populations, such as under-resourced groups and first-generation students.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Previous teaching experience in biology required. Experience teaching environmental biology and/or ecology preferred.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College of Distinction, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 19,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College has been named as one of the top 60 employers for 2019 in Pennsylvania by Forbes and as one of the Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges in the nation for four consecutive years by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) for its commitment to diversity through inclusive learning and work environments, student and staff recruitment and retention practices, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities
Closing date for applications is 4/11/2021.
About Montgomery County Community College
For more than 55 years, Montgomery County Community College has grown with the community to meet the evolving educational needs of Montgomery County. The College’s comprehensive curriculum includes more than 100 associate degree and certificate programs, as well as customized workforce training and certifications. Students enjoy the flexibility of learning at the College’s thriving campuses in Blue Bell and Pottstown, at the Culinary Arts Institute in Lansdale, and online through a robust Virtual Campus.
As an Achieving the Dream Leader College of Distinction, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to remove barriers to access, improve learning outcomes, and increase completion for all students. The College also is recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, community service and service learning opportunities, and use of classroom technology. For the fourth consecutive year, MCCC has been named one of the Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges in the nation by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development for its commitment to diversity through inclusive learning and work environments, student and staff recruitment and retention practices, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. For more information, visit https://www.mc3.edu.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.