Assistant Professor - Genetics, Tenure Track $62,256
The Biology Department at the University of Puerto Rico at Cayey has a tenure-track, Assistant Professor position available for candidates with experience in teaching, research, artistic creation, and/or community service, as well as in the development of academic proposals and publications. Ph.D. must be in the field of Genetics with mastery in Bioinformatics and skills molecular techniques.
They will be responsible for teaching courses in the content areas for which they are recruited, basic courses, and service courses, as well as complying with faculty regulations outlined in the UPR General Bylaws. Generally, teaching staff who communicate correctly in Spanish will be hired. When there are specific and well-founded circumstances, staff who do not speak the vernacular will be hired, with the commitment to be able to communicate fluently in Spanish after four years of teaching at the institution and as a condition for tenure.
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Credit transcript
- Copy of one or two recent publications in your specialty area
- Three letters of recommendation
- A document describing your educational philosophy and experience.
- A document describing your research interests, creative work, or community service with undergraduate students.
Interested candidates must submit their documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 30, 2021, with the Subject "Tenure-Track Position [DEPARTMENT NAME]" (Example. Tenure-Track Position Business Administration). If electronic submission is not possible, documents may be mailed to:
Tenure-Track Position [DEPARTMENT NAME]
Deanship for Academic Affairs
University of Puerto Rico at Cayey
PO Box 372230
Cayey, PR 00737-2230
Further details regarding each position may be requested via email or by phone at (787) 738 - 6338.
- The University of Puerto Rico at Cayey is not required to fill all advertised positions. The granting of appointments shall be subject to the relevant institutional criteria and priorities, of an academic nature, in accordance with the applicable regulations and standards. The University of Puerto Rico at Cayey offers equal employment opportunities. No person is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, political affiliation, ethnicity, or impairments.
- The UPR General Bylaws (Governing Board Certification # 160, 2014-2015, as amended), as well as the Policies and Procedures for the Recruitment of Teaching Staff at the University of Puerto Rico in Cayey (Academic Senate Certification # 24, 2015-2016, as amended), state the regulations governing the recruitment process of staff in all teaching categories. Each department may add more specific criteria, in tune with its particularities, and make them public before the interview with the candidate. The faithful compliance with the policies set out in this document will also be ensured.
Apply for Assistant Professor - Genetics, Tenure Track $62,256
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico