Program Director, M.A. in Counseling programs
Northwestern College (Iowa) seeks a visionary and experienced counselor educator to serve as its founding program director for new online MA in School Counseling and MA in Clinical Health Counseling graduate programs. This full-time, 12-month administrative faculty position will be instrumental in the development of counselor education at Northwestern. The successful candidate will cast a vision for the programs, collaborate with college stakeholders, develop curriculum, establish program policies, lead accreditation and admission efforts, assist in hiring counseling faculty, and teach within the program. The college is committed to fully resourcing a program that prepares future counselors to serve others, anchored in the belief that all humans hold inherent value and dignity because they are created in the image of God.
- Earned doctorate in Counseling Education from a CACREP-accredited college or university
- Licensed or eligible to achieve licensure in school counseling or clinical mental health counseling in Iowa
- 3-5 years successful teaching experience in a graduate level counseling education program
- 3-5 years successful clinical experience as a school counselor or clinical mental health counselor
- Experience leading or participating in CACREP accreditation efforts
- Demonstrated effective leadership experience in clinical practice or higher education
- Experience teaching in a hybrid or online environment
- Evidence of proven multidisciplinary collaboration across departments or agencies
- Entrepreneurial, strategic and visionary thinker
The candidate will exhibit a love of Christ and an embrace of the Gospel, and support the college’s mission as expressed in our Statement of Christian Identity, Vision for Learning and Vision for Diversity. Northwestern College is affiliated with the Reformed Church in America. We seek faculty invested in teaching, a program of scholarly activity, and the mission of excellence in the liberal arts, as a vital expression of commitment to Christ’s redemptive work in the world. Accordingly, Northwestern College seeks to more fully reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in its faculty, staff, administration and students. Women and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
Apply on our website online and send a letter of interest in which you (1) describe your teaching experience and (2) scholarly trajectory, and (3) discuss how the following statements would inform and shape your teaching, scholarship and administration: our Statement of Christian Identity, Vision for Learning and Vision for Diversity. Include a current curriculum vitae/resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange City
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange City