University Communications - Assistant Director of Marketing and Content Strategy
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Content Strategy, the Assistant Director will be one of St. Lawrence’s lead creative communicators responsible for advancing the national visibility of the University in the marketplace. The position will be responsible for managing the University’s social media channels and developing compelling written and visual content for a variety of audiences. The person will be a creative and strategic thinker who can amplify the impact of the content they are creating by shaping it for the right channels to drive engagement and is eager to find new, strategic ways to build community and increase brand awareness in digital spaces.
- Develop written and visual content that aligns with St. Lawrence’s content strategy to be used across the University’s website, social media channels, and other digital platforms as needed
- Oversee and execute the day-to-day social media responsibilities of St. Lawrence University’s primary social media accounts, including crafting and posting accessible content for all users, monitoring, responding to comments and interactions, and sharing incoming messages pertaining to other departments with the relevant campus partners when necessary
- Develop short- and long-term strategic campaigns and maintain a social media content calendar
- Design and implement organic and paid social media and digital marketing campaigns; analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results; regularly report on insights gained from social media monitoring and listening
- Lead the University’s efforts in monitoring and evaluating new digital tools and emerging technologies to help inform University Communications’ content strategy and expand the University’s brand
- Mentor and guide University departments on their social media strategies to ensure they follow best practices and that their presence aligns with the University’s brand and messaging platforms
- Readily adopt and seek out content that amplifies St. Lawrence’s personality
- Assist with the University’s digital strategy, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Assist with strategizing and executing digital advertising initiatives
- Assist with the coordination of the University’s Licensing and Trademarks program and serve as one of the primary educators for the institution’s brand standards and style guides
- Assist with researching potential licensing opportunities for the University
- Serve as a member of the University’s Crisis Communications team
- Write and edit content for marketing communications, upcoming news and events, and the University’s alumni magazine as needed
- Manage a team of University Communications’ student interns and workers as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Due to the nature of social media management and crisis communications, this position will require some work outside of regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- Bachelor’s degree; English, communications, journalism, marketing, history, or other writing-intensive field is preferred
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Experience monitoring social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or YouTube), crafting content for social media and measuring its effectiveness, and implementing institutional best practices and guidelines for departments throughout campus
- Excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills, including experience with and knowledge of feature writing, writing for marketing purposes and writing for digital communications, including web and social media
- Proven skills in creativity, analysis, and problem solving, and the ability to evaluate, synthesize, and incorporate ideas and feedback from multiple stakeholders; ability to synthesize complex ideas and concepts into compelling writing
- Familiarity with brand marketing concepts
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Possess the cross-cultural abilities to build relationships and work effectively with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members
- Design, photography, and quick video creation experience
- Familiarity with higher education or a nonprofit
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Meg Keniston, Director of Marketing & Content Strategy at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton