Assistant/Associate Professor of School Psychology
The Department of Counseling and Psychology is seeking a colleague to join us as an Assistant/Associate Professor of School Psychology to contribute to our goal of accessible, affordable, and quality education as well as our core values of excellence and achievement, compassion, integrity, knowledge, diversity, initiative, and collaboration. The School Psychology program is a Specialist Degree program at the same level as Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degrees in other states. We provide an excellent training opportunity to prepare students to become a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) in the state of Texas, or work as a School Psychologist in other states. Graduates of the program are eligible to apply for the Nationally Certified School Psychologist credential from NASP. Our diverse department faculty seeks to serve students from across the county, state, and country with a focus on military families. Job Summary: The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the teaching/learning process but will also keep an active research agenda and participate in the necessary operations of the institution. Minimum Requirements: Summary of Qualifications
- Doctorate in School Psychology
- Licensed as a LP, LSSP, or license-eligible in Texas
- Nationally Certified School Psychologists (NCSP).
- Familiarity with NASP accreditation standards and process.
- Teaching and supervision experience at the graduate level.
- Has demonstrated continuing scholarly contribution beyond that required for completion of the terminal degree
- Experience working in the field of mental health, particularly in Applied Behavior Analysis