Coordinator for Academic Assessment
The Coordinator for Academic Assessment coordinates and strengthens academic assessment, including course and student learning outcomes assessment, General Education assessment, and program review. Under the leadership of the Associate Dean of Academic Operations, the position serves on the Academic Assessment Team and also provides direct support to faculty regarding the tenets and best practices in academic assessment. The Coordinator conducts training and professional development for faculty and staff related to assessment methodologies, practices, and technologies; and facilitates the systematic use of documents, reports, and assessment results for planning and improvements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- monitoring data input/output and aggregate reporting and administering the campus assessment database (along with the Associate Dean and Coordinator for Curriculum and Program Development)
- working closely with the Learning Assessment Committee and providing council on higher education assessment trends
- researching, developing, and communicating assessment best practices
- identifying areas of improvement for learning and program assessment
- monitoring and implementing updates to campus assessment database
- providing consultation and training
Other duties include maintaining internal sites/communications related to assessment, serving on campus-wide committees, and performing other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt, professional staff position.
A master’s degree and three to five years of experience in academic assessment are required.
Other requirements include:
- Deep knowledge of sound assessment practices, focusing on course and student learning outcomes, General Education outcomes, and program review
- Ability to evaluate and interpret assessment plans and results
- Ability to create measurable goals and apply data to improve student learning
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement grounded in evidence-based practices
- Skill with delivering assessment-related training for a variety of end users
Experience with assessment technologies such as Tk20 is preferred.
Apply online by April 11, 2021.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air