Teachers of Language and Liberal Arts * 4 Positions
About Ulster University:
Ulster University, located in Northern Ireland, UK, is one of the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old. Ulster is a young, dynamic and innovative university with a spirit that transforms lives, stretches minds, develops skills and raises ambitions. Ulster is consistently regarded as one of the most outward-looking institutions in the world and ranked in the top 25% of UK universities for world-leading research based on research power in REF 2014, with 72% of our research activity regarded as ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’. Ulster also has a proven track record in research innovation with the creation of 19 spin-off companies with a combined turnover of £21 million and employing almost 300 staff.
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is located in the coastal city of Dalian which is a welcoming vibrant city with a comfortable climate. With the mission of “cultivating outstanding financial talents and serving economic and social development”, DUFE is a remarkable co-ordinated university which is famous for it’s achievements in economics, management, law, literature and science. DUFE began substantive international exchanges in the 1980s, and started Sino-foreign co-operation in running schools in 1994 as well as gradually forming a school ethos of “high standard and internationalization”.
About the programme:
The co-operation between Dongbei University of Finance and Economics and Ulster University began in 2003. In order to strengthen the advantages of the accounting major at DUFE, expand the international exchange and co-operation in teaching and research in this major as well as cultivate more innovative and international graduates of accounting, DUFE and Ulster University co-operated to start the accounting programme. Students have the opportunity to earn dual degrees from DUFE and from Ulster. In 2009, the project was reviewed by the Ministry of Education in China and it was approved by the MOE in 2011. The project aims to cultivate international accounting talents with expertise, professional skills and a comparative advantage in the increasingly competitive employment market through co-operation between Chinese and foreign universities. At present, there are 240 students enrolled each year, and the scale of this project is nearly 1000.
Teacher Job Description
The main role of a Language and Liberal Arts teacher is to engage with the students and make sure that the students, in turn, engage with all aspects of the teaching and learning programme-classes and activities and excursions (as required). This means communicating, interacting and motivating students in their studies.
- A Master Degree in Language and Liberal Arts or a closely related field is required for English Instructor positions. An internationally recognised teaching qualification such as Trinity Cert TESOL, Cambridge CELTA/DELTA or country equivalent, or PGCE in subjects relevant to a Languages and Liberal Arts curriculum or BEd QTS will be a preference. You must be able to teach all English and soft skills content areas and do so across a variety of levels from EFRL A2 upwards.
- A minimum of two-yearproven teaching experience at a recognized university or professional working experience in relevant fields would be an advantage. Experience teaching Academic English, ESAP and/or Business English and/or a language based Liberal Arts curriculum. Experience in CLIL approaches is essential for several positions.
- Teaching the English module as required by Ulster University using internationally accepted teaching models.
- Ability to teach the subject across a range of classes varying in intensity and class size. This includes lectures, seminars and tutorials.
If travel to China is not possible due to COVID-19 then teaching will take place remotely. Teaching schedules will be timetabled with teachers’ locations in mind, but candidates should be mindful that there might be some early morning or late evening teaching.
Remuneration and Life Package
- We are offering an extremely competitive salary package that matches those of the best universities in China.
- Generous additional expatriate benefits that include a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid holidays will be available. Salary of extraordinary candidates shall be determined on a case by case basis.
- We are offering a free apartment on campus or a corresponding housing subsidy instead.
- All visa costs will be reimbursed based on the related invoice upon your arrival.
- Residency permits and working permits will be processed by DUFE.
- According to new visa application procedures in China, new employees should have their Degree Certificate and Non-criminal Certificate authenticated by their local Chinese Embassy/Consulate. Only those considered a native English speaker can be granted a visa for an English teaching position.
All applicants need to include the following documents in their applications.
- Your Degree Certificate(scan)
- Your Passport Information Page (scan)
- Your CV (Resume)
- A reference letter with e-mail contact information
- Your current phone number
Only applicants who meet the selection criteria will be considered.
Shengyuan Sun (Human Resource Manager)
Apply for Teachers of Language and Liberal Arts * 4 Positions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly