Director, Access & Ability Center
Salary: $105,761.00 - $156,256.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 5952-m-02/21
Closing: 5/7/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, CA
Department: Access and Ability Center
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Director of the Access & Ability Center is responsible for the management, leadership, and coordination of district wide services to provide quality educational support opportunities for students with disabilities; assure proper district wide implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of assigned programs and services.
The Director provides vision and leadership to the district's community by building networks that ensure understanding, support, and responsiveness to the development of effective policies and protocols pertaining to students with disabilities. Additionally, the director will provides support services and reasonable accommodations to students, provide training to district employees, as well as supervise and evaluate certificated and classified staff while providing direct oversight to a complex budget.
Sequoias Community College District is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the District has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. In Fall 2019, we enrolled approximately 13,493 students in which:
- 66.5% identify as Latinx;
- 2.4% as Asian/Pacific Islander;
- 2% as Black/African American;
- 19.7% as White;
- .1% as Pacific Islander/Filipino; and
- 5.7% as multiracial
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
Sequoias Community College District values the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, abilities, genders, gender identities, and orientations. The District prioritizes applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits a diverse student population brings to a community college and seeks managers who are equity-minded, collegial, committed to helping all students achieve their educational goals, and value mentorship. Ideal candidates will share the Sequoias Community College District's commitment to student-centered practices and to creating inclusive learning environment that will benefit our racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.
Education and Experience
[Title 5: §53414 and §56048]
The candidate must meet the following criteria. Required Education from a U.S. Department of Education recognized accredited organization and licensure qualifications. In accordance with Ed Code Title V for DSP&S, the following requirements are required:
- Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling, OR
- Master's degree in counseling, guidance counseling, student personnel, clinical or counseling psychology, education counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, marriage, family and child counseling, or a Bachelor's degree in marriage and family therapy or in marriage, family and child counseling and possession of a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); and either fifteen or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically related to people with disabilities, or completion of six semester units, or the equivalent of a graduate-level counseling practicum or counseling field work courses, in a postsecondary Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) Program or in a program dealing predominantly or exclusively with people with disabilities, or two years of fulltime experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following;
A. Counseling for students with disabilities; or
B. Counseling in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities, or the equivalent. OR
- Master's degree in other closely related fields and two years full-time experience or the equivalent within the last four (4) years in one or more of the following fields:
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3026742/director-access-ability-center
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.