Dean, Student Services
Full-time, year-round position responsible for the overall management of the Student Services Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates staff involvement in creating an environment of excellence in delivery of student services.
- Ensures focus on continuous quality improvement within the Student Services Division.
- Actively promotes a high level of customer service.
- Responsible for enrollment management.
- Supervises and evaluates the services provided by all units assigned to the division.
- Actively participates in the development, implementation and operation of computer technology/systems relative to the division.
- Exhibits good communication skills and cooperation with all College staff.
- Responsible for coordinating, documenting and implementing all unit action planning, outcomes assessment, and institutional effectiveness efforts within the scope of administrative supervision.
- Ensures compliance with College, State, Federal, and other outside agency rules and regulations.
- Assures that admissions, counseling, advising, testing, recruiting, call center, orientation and financial aid services are adequate to meet student needs and that all records are properly maintained.
- Develops and submits reports in a timely manner and responds to all official communications.
- Approves and monitors division budgets.
- Oversees special/grant-funded projects within the division to ensure appropriate expenditures and completion of project requirements.
- Maintains responsibility for student discipline, ensuring student compliance with College rules and equitable treatment for all.
- Stays abreast of legal issues affecting higher education and student services.
- Manages the student appeals process.
- Recommends new and revised student policies and procedures.
- Serves on committees and performs other duties that may be required.
- Participates in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge in the specific area of responsibility and matters related to Student Services.
- Serves as Student Equity Coordinator.
- Monitors and promotes progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of the College's Equity Update report.
- Acts as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)/responsible person for Title IX and Clery Act compliance. Must participate in all required CSA/responsible person training.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational: Doctorate from a regionally-accredited institution required (preferably in Student Services or Student Affairs).
Experiential: Experience in student services areas within higher education is required. Administrative/management experience required.
Other: Experience in the development and design of computer systems necessary for Student Services functions.
Reports To: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Services
Supervises: Career Development Center, Admissions and Records, Assessment, Recruitment and Retention, Advising and Counseling, Call Centers, Financial Aid, Student Life and Student Services staff.
Posting Date: March 25, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: $100,000 - $115,000
Application Review Begins: April 25, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit: https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com/static/clients/430SFM1/index.jsp