Chief Operations Officer
Job Purpose: Directs and coordinates a broad range of staff and service functions that provide support, service, and assistance to the organization. Develops, implements, and monitors related goals, policies, programs, and practices. Works closely with Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to ensure achievement of short- and long-range organization goals. Directs and coordinates activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by CEO and Board of Directors. In absence of CEO, assumes overall responsibility for organization’s administrative and operational functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human resources and staff oversight:
- Manage hiring, training, termination of all administrative staff.
- Develop/revise job descriptions and responsibilities of staff as needed.
- Provide CEO with recommendations on salary, benefits, personnel policies and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with other professional staff to ensure that administrative programs and operational goals are met.
- Manage staff support for organization’s Annual Meeting.
- Oversee payroll, benefits administration, and employee relations matters.
- Facilities and Information Technology (IT) management:
- Oversee all Society capital assets.
- Responsible for security, safety, maintenance, cleanliness, and timely repair of organizations offices.
- Oversee and direct activities of the IT department and related staff.
- Organizational policies and procedures, contracts, and legal
- Manage relations with service suppliers and contractors.
- Mange relations with external legal counsel.
- Assure adequate insurance coverage.
- Review, revise and supervise policies and procedures, contracts, including scheduling, facilities rentals, supply purchasing as necessary.
- Meetings management and coordination:
- Oversee and direct operational arrangements related to the organization’s meetings, whether on-site or external, including board meetings, committee meetings, and the Annual Meeting.
- Membership operations oversight:
- Oversee activities of the membership services department.
- Work collaboratively with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) relative to operational controls, cost controls, and financial management.
- Work collaboratively with Chief Education & Science Officer (CESO) relative to achievement of educational goals.
- Work collaboratively with CEO to effectuate achievement of organization’s strategic and other goals.
- Other duties, including managing and overseeing special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and 7+ years of experience in management/business. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant principles and procedures in the area of human resources.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of and experience with database management, spreadsheets, and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills
ASRM Job Posting: https://careers.asrm.org/job/chief-operations-officer/56321998/
To Apply: Email curriculum vitae or résumé with cover letter to email@example.com.