AREA COORDINATOR - RESIDENCE LIFE
The Office of Residence Life seeks an Area Coordinator - RESIDENCE LIFE to provide direct leadership and supervision for a first-year residence hall, along with supervising a Graduate Residence Direction who oversees an upper-class community. The Area Coordinator is responsible for facilitating student development through individual student interactions, establishing community within the assigned residential area, and developing leadership skills of assigned staff. The Area Coordinator will promote student learning and success through working collaboratively with campus partners and Residence Life staff to implement the residential curriculum and their designated collateral area. Under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life, the Area Coordinator oversees one of the following functional areas: Staff Recruitment & Training, Staff Training & Development, Residence Education. This is a full-time; 12-month professional, live-in staff position.
Duties will include:
● The Area Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day administration of residential area.
● Provide personal and academic support to residential students and serve as a student success mentor.
● Maintain a strong presence in campus housing by interacting and building strong, positive relationships with residents, custodial staff, and student staff.
● Train, supervise, support and evaluate a staff of Resident Assistants and one or two Graduate Resident Directors.
● Co-facilitate weekly staff meeting with Graduate Residence Directors and Area Coordinators.
● Participate in the planning and implementation of staff selection, training, and ongoing development.
● Oversee the coordination of the residential curriculum, Thrive, within your residential area.
● Manage building occupancy, keys, and room condition reporting.
● Mediate roommate conflicts and make appropriate assignments changes.
● Oversight of building safety operations (health and safety inspections, fire drills, etc).
● Maintain the physical needs of the building in collaboration with facilities management and housekeeping staff.
● Serve in weekly on-call rotation to provide leadership during emergency or crisis situations in cooperation with Campus Safety.
● Assist with the University conduct process; administrate community standards hearing
Qualifications and Experience: Master’s degree required.
Experience in Residence Life or Student Affairs is preferred
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and its amendments. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Apply for AREA COORDINATOR - RESIDENCE LIFE
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Student Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Residence Life Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate
- Student Activities & Services Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wingate