Assistant Director (PRN25642B)
The Office of Orientation & Transition is hiring for an Assistant Director who will focus on New Student Orientation. This position will have the opportunity to impact the development of undergraduate student leaders and aid in the orientation, transition, and retention of a variety of student populations, including first-year and transfer students. Core Values of the office include: Embrace and Drive Change, Work as a team to Build Community, Pursue Growth and Learning, and Advocate for Social Justice. For more information about the office visit orientation.utah.edu.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25642B - 00845 - Orientation and Transition
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, M-F, 8am – 5pm, some weekends and nights
• Strategically plan, implement, and assess first-year and
transfer new student orientations
• Supervise undergraduate and graduate students
• Manage recruitment, selection, training, supervision, motivation, and evaluation of staff including graduate assistant(s), and undergraduate student leaders
• Oversee and implement marketing and communication of program(s)
• Lead the planning, implementation, and assessment of project(s) or program(s)
• Project, manage, and account for program budgets
• Assist with Weeks of Welcome programming
• Play an active role in supporting all Parent & Family Orientations and Undergraduate Studies/Enrollment Management initiatives
• Assist in the creation and editing of all of marketing and web materials
• Other duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus
one year directly related experience or equivalency required (2
years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of
education). Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze and
make decisions related to program content. Strong coordination and
organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
1. Master’s Degree in Student Personnel or related field
2. Two or more years in related professional experience in higher education and event planning.
3. Experience working with first-year and/or transfer students, faculty, administrative staff, and student groups.
4. Strong demonstrated collaboration skills.
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrated commitment and experience working with diverse populations.
7. Prior event planning experience.
8. Prior program development and event coordination experience.
9. Prior student staff supervisory and/or advisory experience.
10. Knowledge of student development theory.
11. Experience in marketing and communications.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/113120
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.