Howard University, Department of Biology - Lecturer
Department of Biology
The Department of Biology in the College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a non-tenure-track, full-time position at the rank of Lecturer, with a teaching load of four courses per semester. Although courses are to engender competitive STEM skill development, the content of the possible courses to be taught includes ecology, science policy, environmental science, and genetics. The Department is looking for applicants with an outstanding demonstrated track-record of excellence in teaching. It is also of great importance that applicants show evidence of interest and success in mentoring underrepresented students.
Howard University, a culturally diverse, comprehensive, research intensive and historically Black private university, provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for Black students. Howard University is classified as a Doctoral University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It is a residential campus of approximately 10,000 students, located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
The Department of Biology consists of eighteen tenured or tenure-track faculty members with all of them conducting research in one or more of the following areas: ecology, environmental, microbiology, parasitology ichthyology, plant physiology, genetics, evolution biology, population studies, neurophysiology, and renal physiology. The Department offers bachelors, Masters, and doctoral degrees.
- _Earned doctorate in biological sciences from an accredited institution by the starting date
- _Record of effective teaching
- _Effective communication and organizational skills
Complete applications consist of a single PDF file containing:
- Cover letter addressing the qualifications listed above
- Current curriculum vita
- One-page statement outlining teaching experience, including courses taught
- Three letters of recommendation that speak to teaching experience and abilities
Completed applications should be addressed to the Department Chair, Dr. Mildred A. Pointer, and submitted electronically to email@example.com. Screening will begin on April 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled, pending final budget approval. The desired starting date is August 16, 2021.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans status. Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities or veterans status, Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX should be directed to the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity at 202-806-1280.
Apply for Howard University, Department of Biology - Lecturer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.